Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire

Default A Song of Ice and Fire

George RR Martins fantasy series A Song of Fire and Ice

Has anyone read it or watched the HBO series?
    A Dance with Dragons was finally released and its good.

So any thoughts, comments, general rage and sadness with regards to Nedd?

watched the series and just finishing book one, i though someone would have saved him until
    and can't wait for the 2nd series

I'm currently on book 3. Won't tap into the video until I'm through the books. Just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I'm currently on book 3. Won't tap into the video until I'm through the books. Just because.
    At the rate Martin is writing you won't be seeing Game of Thrones for a while

I started watching the series at Loopy's insistence and I absolutely loved it. I also bought the first four books but I've yet to start reading them.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post

I started watching the series at Loopy's insistence and I absolutely loved it. I also bought the first four books but I've yet to start reading them.

Sent from my iPhone
    oh He's writing fast enough. In fact he's writing too fast he keeps rewriting and adding chapters and characters ans filling in five year gaps
    the whole thing was only supposed to be five books long.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post

Sent from my iPhone
    Our public library has them available both in hard copy and electonic versions. I'm doing e-pub. My son has been reading and watching at the same time. He says HBO is doing a great job with the characters. I don't get HBO, so I may go over to his house for an on-demand marathon one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Our public library has them available both in hard copy and electonic versions. I'm doing e-pub. My son has been reading and watching at the same time. He says HBO is doing a great job with the characters. I don't get HBO, so I may go over to his house for an on-demand marathon one of these days.
    Just have him give you access to his HBO Go account and you can watch the first season of it and all of Generation Kill which was a great HBO mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Just have him give you access to his HBO Go account and you can watch the first season of it and all of Generation Kill which was a great HBO mini series.
    Yeah, he mentioned that as a possibility as well. He only lives a couple miles away, so we're back and forth quite a bit anyway. One way or the other, I'll be able to see it.

P.S. The Citadel: Gallery - Maps Don't remember if I found this on my own or if someone here clued me to it, but its useful to have maps handy while reading to keep track of who's where. They also have a list of the families and heraldry to keep track of who's who.

I've yet to have a chance to read the books but from what I saw the HBO series was great. I like the imp.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    I've yet to have a chance to read the books but from what I saw the HBO series was great. I like the imp.
    Interesting. Went over to my son's to watch football Sunday. We had some time to kill before kickoff, so we watched the first episode. It seemed to me that it would be hard to follow the story and characters on the video version if you hadn't read the story first (I'm on book 3 currently). They ripped through so many things so fast!

Yes, I like the Imp as well, although the actor is a lot better looking than my mental image from the book.