Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oopsie, I leaked

Default Oopsie, I leaked

I guess I just got a bit too ambitious with my CVS store brand diapers and tried to put too much into them while sitting down.

I was sitting typing an essay and had wet it a few times already when I felt it start to get a bit damp. I didn't think anything of it because I was wearing dark clothes at the time and it didn't feel like a leak, i thought it was just damp padding that I was sitting on.

Well I got up to go get a drink of water and checked my diaper to see just how full it was. It turned out that the back of my pajama pants were wet from the leak and a bit of it got onto the chair I was sitting in.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to clean a black office style chair. Thankfully I was drinking alot of water today so I don't think I really need to worry about smell or stain that much. But any advice on how to dry it off and anything I should look out for in the future would be appreciated.

So far I used a bit of baking soda on it but I am hesitant to use any more because I am not sure how that will affect the chairs color. In the future when I do this I think I'll have to put a towel on the chair under me. =p

I don't think urine stains come out of furniture. At least for a while. They might wear down after a while of being used, but it'll still be there to some degree. And if it doesn't smell, don't worry about it.

And if the stain is still there, you can always blame it on a pet if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPandora View Post
    I don't think urine stains come out of furniture. At least for a while. They might wear down after a while of being used, but it'll still be there to some degree. And if it doesn't smell, don't worry about it.

And if the stain is still there, you can always blame it on a pet if you have one.
    It's a black chair and my urine is fairly diluted today so I don't think that a stain is going to be my problem. That is unless the baking soda causes one in which case I will have a fun time making up an excuse...

I am more concerned about a lingering smell and I have had bad experiences with pets before so the last thing I would do is put them in that kind of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    It's a black chair and my urine is fairly diluted today so I don't think that a stain is going to be my problem.

I am more concerned about a lingering smell and I have had bad experiences with pets before so the last thing I would do is put them in that kind of situation.
    Well, the same thing happened to me in my chair. If you want to get rid of the smell, just buy a bottle of pet stain/odor remover, and just keep spraying/dumping it on the spot where you leaked. After a while (took me quite a few days), the scent of the cleaning solution will overpower the urine smell and just eliminate it.

Your chair will smell like the cleaning solution for a few weeks, but it's better than urine.

Good luck!

There is another thread very recent about getting stains out of mattresses. Personally I use baking soda and a lil soap and scrub (not too much water because it will spread and soak deeper). White vinegar and blot dry will get rid of the stain and smell also as someone else said (used it before, forgot, used it again since that thread and it works great!) Be sure to clean it up as early as possible. The longer it sits, the harder it is to clean. Leaving a light sprinkle of bakin soda on it for a day then vaccuum it off before bed makes it smell "fresh" --- Yes, they can be cleaned up unless it is saturated deep or been left a long time. Otherwise yer kinda skrewed.

For your chair, you didn't say if it was cloth or leather or vinyl unless i missed it, Google:
    white vinegar on leather - they say yes
    white vinegar on vinyl chair - says 'excellent cleaning with water/vinegar'
    white vinegar on black clothes (chair cloth is still cloth) - says to use vinegar to make blacks better!

Hopefully this answers it for ya Lemme know how it works for ya!

Febreeze removes the urine smell very effectively, but I've not found anything that has been able to shift the dark patterned stain from my desk chair (though mine is blue). If it's already dried then I think you might be out of luck

I think I'm gonna end up with baking soda stains on my chair unless I can get them to come out sometime later today. Hahaha.
    Thankfully the back of the chair is getting shredded by my cat so if the situation becomes bad I guess I will have an excuse to get a new one.

When I was in Halls at University - I had a stain on my desk chair which wouldnt budge of a similar nature. I made of a mixture of 1 part thin bleach, 1 part water applied it to the stain rubbed it in then got it out with salt and sparkling water after about 10 seconds.

Supersam1223

This is why my chair is made of plastic! No considerable cleanup, no lingering smell, and I can won't have a damp chair for hours and hours!

Plastic – the diaper wearer's best friend!

I'm going to start buying underpads to put on the furniture where I sit to protect it. I use stain remover.