Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lullabies and Kiddie Songs on an MP3 Player

Default Lullabies and Kiddie Songs on an MP3 Player

My father has been asking me for weeks what I want for Christmas and until now I couldn't think of anything. Most of the things that I really want aren't things that an adult asks a biological parent to buy for them(footie pajamas, a onesie, and an Eeyore plushie).

I finally came up with getting a new MP3 player. I've had them in the past but they were rather cheap ones. This time I'm looking for a quality one and would like certain features if they are available. I am going to be the one buying it since my father doesn't go out shopping for himself anymore and I am looking at the price range of 75 to 100 dollars. What I would really like is something that I could set up a hidden or a somehow password protected library on it so that I can load up lullabies on it but wouldn't have to worry if someone asks to borrow it to listen to my regular music on it. Is there any device out there that has this type of feature?

The other thing I was thinking about would be to rename the lullaby files to classical music songs that I know no one that I know would ever listen to. I would have them all in their own library and even have a real classical song as the first one on the list just in case some one accidentally clicked on that library. Do you think this would work?

The basic iPods are pretty cheap and could be a good bet. Just use iTunes to change all the meta information to something else if you're worried about people finding the songs - don't forget to remove album artwork too. I can't think of any systems off hand that would let you create a password protected library.

I took the exact opposite approach and made sure my kids albums had all the right meta tag info and album art

Examples:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	some_of_my_kids_songs.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	6632

A eeyore plushie would be great XD, but you could buy a Walkman, are great, but i dont know if they can hide files =(

I think it's pretty easy to get away with childlike music. It's not too uncommon for adults to have some reminiscent music on their hard drive/iPod/whatever, so I say - why bother hiding it? You can get away with a LOT if you just say it's nostalgia. For example, everybody around me knows I like the Rugrats, but they don't automatically suspect me of being an AB.

I don't really listen to a lot of kiddy music to be honest, I usually just choose stuff that goes along with the theme =P (see also my topic 'Songs that could be about infantilism')

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    I think it's pretty easy to get away with childlike music. It's not too uncommon for adults to have some reminiscent music on their hard drive/iPod/whatever, so I say - why bother hiding it? You can get away with a LOT if you just say it's nostalgia.
    For most people you are right. However while I was in conflict with my AB side my outward persona became very stoic and serious. When denying my true nature it not only effected my private life but showed publicly. I am slowly trying to lighten up around my family so they don't become worried about such a drastic personality change. I am still trying to figure out how to introduce a plushie to my room without getting strange looks. My paci and bottle stay hidden unless I am alone but I would really like to keep a stuffed animal on my bed now. The thing is I haven't had one since I was 12 and forced to give/throw them away because I was "too old" for stuffed animals.

I can't imagine there would be an MP3 player out there that would do file hiding .. it's just not a feature many people would want. If you were using a smart phone as an MP3 player you could do it, but you won't do that within your price range.

Many players do however allow for removable storage (i.e. a micro-sd card). You could load your files on there and remove the card if someone wants to borrow it.

Thank you BoundCoder, that will be the perfect solution.

Get a sansa clip (it has microsd support), then go buy some Rockaby Baby! and Lullatones albums. You don't even really need to hide them, the former is lullaby instrumentals of regular music, and the latter is technically an indie pop band. I listen to them at work because it is good, mellow, unobtrusive music. I have introduced a bunch of people to rockaby baby and they all think it is a hoot. Lullaby renditions of NIN songs are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheWriter View Post
    For most people you are right. However while I was in conflict with my AB side my outward persona became very stoic and serious. When denying my true nature it not only effected my private life but showed publicly. I am slowly trying to lighten up around my family
    While I have nothing valuable to say about MP3 players, I'll second that statement. I don't enjoy being around my family anymore and the only reason why is because of me, not them. I just feel uncomfortable and ackward, like I can't be myself. I've turned into this sort of pillar of maturity in my family, and I'll pretty much outright deny anything is ever wrong with me. It's kind of amusing since that's so not me.

It's a hard act to maintain, and it causes me to act weird which I am pretty sure my mom picks up on. So I am slowly trying to lighten up as you are, it's difficult after all these years.

I can identify with the whole 'pillar of seriousness' thing here. It takes time and effort but you can change the way your family see you - just go at a comfortable pace and work gradually at it.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheWriter View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how to introduce a plushie to my room without getting strange looks. My paci and bottle stay hidden unless I am alone but I would really like to keep a stuffed animal on my bed now. The thing is I haven't had one since I was 12 and forced to give/throw them away because I was "too old" for stuffed animals.
    Buy one but say a friend got it for you - could be a good excuse