Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicted,i can't stop?

Default Addicted,i can't stop?

Hey guys, seems i am addicted to poker :s I love playing in person, and getting quite good..

But since it's not that often i get to play, i tried out online poker. Last month 40% of my pay went onto it, 2 days ago i won $70 and it was pending to go into my bank, then just now i canceled and played again :S

I had a Flush to A and went all in, thinking the guy would obviously fold. But no, typical software he got a full house...

I just keep saying "last time" "last time" but for some reason i always go back! Think it's partly due to boredom, but god i must be mad spending this much and losing it all!

Help?

Okay. Dude. STOP.

Please take my advice, do not gamble online with real money, it only leads to problems, and you'll most likely end up in financial trouble, particularly if you have a gambling addiction, which it seems you may. (No offense)

I really, REALLY recommend you play Full Tilt Poker ( Online Poker - Play Online at Full Tilt Poker Room )

It's extremely fun, I play it all the time. It does *NOT* use real money, but it's exactly the same if you were, except perhaps the monetary amounts are exagerated a little. The difference is if you lose your ass, you don't lose your BANK. You start out with 1k and you play and increase your bankroll, ect, ect. They have tournaments, all kinds of different poker styles, and some of the top poker players in the world use it. (The guys from the TV championships.)

If you're good enough to amass a few hundred K, you could even end up playing with some of the poker pros (Phil Ivey! <3 ) in the tournaments! They play because it's so realistic and has a very good engine, to practice their skills. In fact, some of the poker tournaments could even earn you a free buy-in to a REAL poker tournament for like $100,000.

It's the best online poker around, and it won't end up getting you into financial trouble, and you can play to your heart's content without worrying about losing real money.
    Last edited by Descolada; 17-Nov-2011 at 19:37. Reason: Added a paragraph

Yea i know what you mean but personally, fake money just doesn't have the same affect :S

I'd suggest maybe just playing on all the sites that give you however much money when you sign up. When you lose that money, move on! Then you won't be spending any of your actual money, if you know what I mean?

I know man, but you need to take a step down.

(Please don't take offense to this, just making a drastic comparison)
    It's like if you were addicted to herion. There's a drug you can take called methadone, which satisfies the heroin addiction but doesn't get you high. It then makes it possible to get off of it from there, which is practically impossible for someone who's addicted to heroin. Yes, methadone "doesn't have the same effect", but it's an improvement, and a step towards getting it under control. You see?

What you need to do is to just take that step away from real gambling, and go to virtaul gambling. Trust me, you still will have fun, there's still a bit of thrill, and if you're good enough, you could win a free buy-in to a $100,000 poker tournament for REAL money.

I know you can do it man, you need to take measures before it gets out of control. Challenge accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by Morsus View Post
    I'd suggest maybe just playing on all the sites that give you however much money when you sign up. When you lose that money, move on! Then you won't be spending any of your actual money, if you know what I mean?

Yea, those offers are fakes. You have to deposit a certain amount of money to actually get hold of the "bonus" they offer

Ah, I do expect that honestly. I just heard from a student offer thing that there are sites that give you 30 free for signing up.

iDj

noob xD tommy get off da poker and come talk to me ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Descolada View Post
    I really, REALLY recommend you play Full Tilt Poker ( Online Poker - Play Online at Full Tilt Poker Room )

It's extremely fun, I play it all the time. It does *NOT* use real money, but it's exactly the same if you were, except perhaps the monetary amounts are exagerated a little. The difference is if you lose your ass, you don't lose your BANK. You start out with 1k and you play and increase your bankroll, ect, ect. They have tournaments, all kinds of different poker styles, and some of the top poker players in the world use it. (The guys from the TV championships.)
    lolwat

As a SSNL 100NL 6max RUSH reg who is cheering the news today that FTP just inked a deal with the DOJ such that players will get paid, I can assure you that FTP is a real money site which has been very profitable to me. FTP is/was the second largest online poker site in the world.

Agreed that they have the best online poker software though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I had a Flush to A and went all in, thinking the guy would obviously fold. But no, typical software he got a full house...
    That's not typical of the software. That happens in poker.

I can't really make any further comment on that hand without the hand history.

The most important part of poker is BANKROLL MANAGEMENT! Do not ever play with money that you cannot afford to lose, and always make sure your bankroll can absorb a substantial losing streak (i.e. bad luck) for the stakes that you are playing. For example, you should probably have at least $600 to play $1/$2 limit hold 'em.

Also, remember that it is actually a game of chance (with elements of skill, of course) and even if you play flawlessly you can still lose money. Likewise, you can play badly and win money. It's far better to do the former, in the long run.

That said, if you are consistently losing money then it's likely that your game just isn't up to scratch.