Thread: Wrestling fans, are you as discouraged as me?

Default Wrestling fans, are you as discouraged as me?

It seems to me that ever since WWE dropped the ball on the CM Punk-John Cena angle, the product has been horrible. Alberto Del Rio is THE most cowardly champion that I've ever seen, John Lauranitis (more like laryngitis) doesn't even belong on TV, and Kevin Nash is so old he forgot why he walked in the building. I feel like I'm almost ready to give up on the company until some stuff changes and go watch TNA for a bit...I also feel as if disrespecting someone like JR week after week and having to put up with Michael Cole, is one of the worst things going on. And with Punk becoming more like Cena by the minute, I'm not sure even HE could change things up. Your thoughts on the matter?

Yes, very frustrated, which caused me to stop watching in 2002. All around fantastic decision that I've never regretted.

Meh... It's got its high's and low's. Still think it is a whole lot better than TNA. Impact just seems to be an infomercial for the next payperview each time i watch it. The Show does not include any drama or story lines, it is just "You wait until <payperview title>, then you'll get what's coming to you". I mean, yeah WWE does that too. But stuff actually happens on Raw and sometimes even on Smackdown. I will agree that Laryngitis needs some acting lessons BADLY. CM Punk is still OK in my opinion. And come on! What heel champion isn't a coward. Edge was just as bad when he was a heel.

I have accepted that WWE will never be as good as it was in the 'Attitude Era' or even as good as it was during the Monday Night Wars, but it is still better than any alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    Meh... It's got its high's and low's. Still think it is a whole lot better than TNA. Impact just seems to be an infomercial for the next payperview each time i watch it. The Show does not include any drama or story lines, it is just "You wait until <payperview title>, then you'll get what's coming to you". I mean, yeah WWE does that too. But stuff actually happens on Raw and sometimes even on Smackdown. I will agree that Laryngitis needs some acting lessons BADLY. CM Punk is still OK in my opinion. And come on! What heel champion isn't a coward. Edge was just as bad when he was a heel.

I have accepted that WWE will never be as good as it was in the 'Attitude Era' or even as good as it was during the Monday Night Wars, but it is still better than any alternative.
    I agree that TNA still isn't as good but ADR was built up as a quy who could injure people and end careers and now he's running away from everything. I don't tend to like the way WWE books heels, with the exception of Mark Henry, because they are too cowardly. Miz was the best heel champ since HHH in evolution IMO he could back up what he had to say. Anyway I feel like punk isn't "dropping pipebombs" anymore but rather just saying some stagnant speech and he doesnt even do his "sit-in promos" anymore :/

I will admit I am a bit dissapointed too with the WWE and have been for a while as I have watched the quality go down-hill in the past few years and I yearn for the days when you had good heel and face characters and no pansy boys such as John Cena. Punk was doing good until they screwed that up like they do anything good in the WWE. During football season I don't usually watch Raw and I usually forget that TNA is even on. However, I do follow it on the 'net.

Lately I have checked out my old school stuff on DVD because that was when wrestling kicked butt. Attitude Era, Monday Night Wars, Hulkamania back in the '80's, and my Ric Flair sets. Today's wrestling leaves a lot to be desired I think.

As for TNA, I like the youth movement they're finally showing and I think they need to focus more on their homegrown talents rather than WWE rejects and I still don't understand why they are so hell-bent on pushing Jeff Hardy when I think Jeff Hardy needs to leave the business for a while and take better care of himself and rebuild his life. Anyway, my two cents on the matter.

WildThing121675