Thread: H-h-hello Everyone

Default H-h-hello Everyone

H-h-hello everyone. I'm a little nervous about greeting (and bringing attention to myself to) this group of albeit friendly folk with such diverse backgrounds and interests. I have so little in common with many of you; and that makes me hesitate. You know, out of my comfort zone and all. The one area that is common to you all I'm uncertain how I might fit in. I don't wear diapers; and thus far, I don't identify as an AB in its many variations. I am fascinated by it all, mind you. I do relate to the role of caregiver, however. I worked for many rewarding years in a variety of roles as a Social Services Worker, mainly with children and young adults with developmental or physical challenges. I am now retired from that line of work; but very much miss caring for others with special needs. Since coming here, I now fantasize about being a caregiver or babysitter of a TB or young AB.

What initially drew me to ADISC - and by the way, here I show my ignorance, but nowhere can I find what exactly that acronym ADISC stands for - was a referral from another story archive I frequent where I was reading a story with a related theme. I've enjoyed one good story here so far - New Home of Baby Nick by Tripped; and look forward to checking out the archive for more, particularly with the caregiver theme. Eventually, maybe, I might try my hand at writing a story.

I've listed some of my other interests in my Profile. Already I've enjoyed getting to know many of the rest of you through yours and through your posts.

Bear Hugs - DaidyBear

Welcome!

Seems that the Caregiver role is a little under-represented here, so your insights are sure to be welcomed

Welcome DaidyBear! I hope you have a fun time here. Ah, so you're another who likes the idea of caring for others? Me too. =^_^=

I'm not an AB/DL (though I might be a furry, hee hee) but I do like reading various topics here out of curiosity and meeting new people. You can probably locate me in the RP forums as well as a few posts here and there around threads that capture my interest. Anyway, welcome to ADISC!

Mei.

I second what ShyBoy said. Welcome aboard! So far, you sound pretty nice as well as articulate. Can you tell us more about yourself like what are some of your hobbies and such?

Quote Originally Posted by DaidyBear View Post
    <snip.

What initially drew me to ADISC - and by the way, here I show my ignorance, but nowhere can I find what exactly that acronym ADISC stands for - was a referral from another story archive I frequent where I was reading a story with a related theme. I've enjoyed one good story here so far - New Home of Baby Nick by Tripped; and look forward to checking out the archive for more, particularly with the caregiver theme. Eventually, maybe, I might try my hand at writing a story.<snip>
    ADISC stands for Adult Baby Diaper Lover Incontinent Support Community, and welcome to it

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    ADISC stands for Adult Baby Diaper Lover Incontinent Support Community, and welcome to it
    Thanks, Trevor. I knew it had to be something like that.

bjm904

I've been looking for this...

AND I absolutely love your picture. Its soooooo cute

Welcome, Dont worry you did a great introduction; your honesty is most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalKid View Post
    I second what ShyBoy said. Welcome aboard! So far, you sound pretty nice as well as articulate. Can you tell us more about yourself like what are some of your hobbies and such?
    Thanks, MusicalKid. And since you asked, in addition to what I listed on my profile - I'm a Harry Potter and Twilight fan, well any stories to do with vampires (more the tortured soul than the gore & violence kind, though), werewolves, wizards, witches and the like. Anne Rice is one of my favourite authors. Something else I might as well "come out of the closet" about - as I sit here, I am surrounded by the happy faces of many, various-sized, diapered, soft-sculptured Cabbage Patch Kids, some being babies in onesies happily sucking away on their binkies. Even though I don't actively play with them per se, other than they give good hugs and are fun to create photo stories about, I believe they are an expression of the caregiver in me, (or maybe the sissy). I'm also active on a few online Cabbie clubs, as well. (I noticed in the myriad of groups associated with ADISC there is no mention of anyone else with a similar interest. I wonder if there are ABs or TBs out there who have a special hugga-baby pal or 2, or any other caregivers who substitute their need for an LB or LG this way. Maybe I should start a thread about this or a new group once I'm more established here ... but I digress.) Other interests - I have a collection of cagebirds - budgies, finches and a canary. I love cats, but don't have one at this time. I also dabble in photography but mainly as it relates to my other hobbies and interests. Oh, and I like to ramble (verbally) -

---------- Post added at 07:45 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bjm904 View Post
    I've been looking for this...

AND I absolutely love your picture. Its soooooo cute
    Glad you like my avatar, bjm904. I do love teddies (bears, that is ). I've been called one many times in my life. Maybe I'm a BF. That could be fun.