Thread: Hi... A Bit About Me !

Default Hi... A Bit About Me !

Hi everyone! I am a 40 year old DL, and I think this site is really cool. I like it because there is a mix of age ranges. I WISH I had this type of support to read when I was growing up, it would have made my life so much easier knowing there are others like me and that I wasn't a freaky perve!

A smidge about me in "normal" life ~

I love to experience things in life. I love being outside in the warm weather. I love the beach, warm summer nights, and hanging out. I have hobbies too, like taking pictures and looking at the sky.

I think my best trait is my optimism.

Some of my Diapered life : )

I started liking diapers after finding leftover Pampers in a closet when I was a kid. Very typical I suppose. I never got to wear real ones much after that except for those rare finds while playing in the tenant shared basement in our apartment building. My only outlet was making my own, and later I found much joy in wearing my mom's maxi-pads.

My access to diapers changed in my late teens when I had an injury that resulted in my needing a wheelchair to get around. After trying all the typical drainage bags and condom catheters typically used to manage a bladder, I got sick of all the leaks and frequent irritations down there. One of my nurses asked me if I was willing to try diapers for a while. Just her asking me sent a flush of embarrassment along with a wave of excitement through my mind and body that I still remember to this day. It was great to be at therapy during the day without worrying about leaks.

I thought I'd be embarrassed by wearing diapers to therapy, but I think realizing that it was now "acceptable" for me to be in diapers helped squelch that feeling. If anything I think they helped ease the other frustrations I was feeling while adjusting to my new life. Additionally, I quickly found that diapers created an intense sexual stimulation I had feared was gone forever with my injury. Sorry if that was TMI !

In a way I guess I'm lucky that I like them so much because instead of feeling miserable over being incontinent, it's ok for me to use diapers something that I longed for when I was growing up.

Hey buddy,

welcom to ADISC. It took me also quiete some time to realise that I'm not the only one. A bit like in "Contact". With looking at the sky, do you mean through a telescope?

Cheers.

Welcome to the site. I'm sorry that you are confined to a wheel chair. My wife spent 6 years getting around with her electric cart, until her diabetic ulcerated foot finally healed. Life can be very difficult. It sounds like you have a number of interests and get out, which is great. I think you will like this site. We are foremost, a support group. Everyone has been great to me as they are my second family. I hope you come to enjoy this site as much as I.

We discuss many different subjects as we are a very diversified group. It's always interesting, so feel free to join in on the discussions. See you on the forums.

Thanks for the welcome Chucky, yes through a telescope! It's a fun hobby. I use binoculars too.

Dogboy, I'm glad that your wife's foot finally healed. Diabetes causes all kinds of crazy problems - my dad has it!

I'm looking forward to sharing with others and learning with others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Chucky, yes through a telescope! It's a fun hobby. I use binoculars too.
    Yeah, love it too. Standing on a clear moonlesse night in the outback with the magellanic clouds and the milkyway up in the sky, there's nearly nothing better. What kind of telescope do you have?

Oh nice, it's amazing how we are experiencing two different skies of stars. I hope one day to see the southern hemisphere!

I have a 130mm f/6 Astro-Physics refractor that I can set up myself, and a 12" newtonian dob that my buddies help me with. How about you?

Hi, it took me a while to get used to see Orion standing on its head and the moon being upside down. Thats just weird. That refractor of yours must be just a beauty when watching the planets and star clusters. A mirror just can't beat a the image of an refractor of similar size.

I got a 6" Newton f/5 on a GP mount, unfortunately I couldn't use it in a while because its still on the other side of the world. But I want to bring it down here soon. I was thinking about getting a new bigger one down here, but the bigger the more work transporting it out of town and setting it up, thus it gets less used. 6" is just the right size when you have to be mobile. And I like the wide field of view it gives me. Otherwise I have a good old Zeiss binocular which I take on my trips to the outback in the meantime.

Cheers.

Yes the refractor is definitely fantastic. Plus its short focal length allows for wide field viewing thru the Milky Way. I bet it would be great to scan the magellanic clouds with it!

A good upgrade from your 6" is a 10" f/4.5 or f/5 Newt on a dob mount. Plop the base out back, drop the scope in the cradle, stick the eyepiece in and view. Sets up in under 5 minutes, fits nice in a car back seat, great aperture yet relatively light weight!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
    Yes the refractor is definitely fantastic. Plus its short focal length allows for wide field viewing thru the Milky Way. I bet it would be great to scan the magellanic clouds with it!

A good upgrade from your 6" is a 10" f/4.5 or f/5 Newt on a dob mount. Plop the base out back, drop the scope in the cradle, stick the eyepiece in and view. Sets up in under 5 minutes, fits nice in a car back seat, great aperture yet relatively light weight!
    Hi,

yeah, I though about a Dob. But I want to leave the option open for photography, at least piggyback. And I like that I can watch object for extended periods of time without having to touch the telescope as the drive on the GP does it for me. But I guess I just decided to only bring the mount down here and get a 8" f/4 Newton. That should be the comfortable limit for the GP. Can't wait to explore the southern sky with it, although I miss the northern one. Andromeda Galaxy still there?

Cheers.