Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telling another one of my close friends

Default Telling another one of my close friends

Recently I texted my best friend (since kindergarten) and told him that I wanted to tell him something in order for me to feel 100% comfortable around him. We are very close and I consider him a brother.

So my plan is to have him over my house.. But im not exactly sure of how to let him know. Maybe I could leave a diaper out? Just point him to the pack? Just tell him? Im not sure..

What should I do? Does anyone have any new ways to tell someone you're a DL?

Cherub

Each situation is different. The is no 'cookie cutter' pattern way that works for everybody. You gave us next to nothing to go on about your friend.

Setting all that aside, I have no idea what it is with so many young people feeling the need to 'out themselves' for no apparent reason. You guys are risking a LOT for no real need to. Just to 'feel comfortable' around someone,, I can seem to get my mind around the bottom liner question of 'why do they need to know?'

just my take on the situation

What are the benefits of him knowing? You say it will make you more comfortable, but how will it make him feel? Take into consideration that they may not want to know what you do behind closed doors. It makes sense to tell someone like a spouse, but I feel that family and friends are a no.

I honestly don't know the benefits of him knowing..But I just feel like its something I should tell him because i dont keep these kind of secrets. I know how risky it is but I've done this before to all my other friends, so i believe i should tell my closest friend.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDL View Post
    I honestly don't know the benefits of him knowing..But I just feel like its something I should tell him because i dont keep these kind of secrets. I know how risky it is but I've done this before to all my other friends, so i believe i should tell my closest friend.
    If your thinking of telling him, can you like, I don't know, just be less secretive about it around him? and if he notices tell him that thats the secret you wanted to tell him? I don't know I couldn't imagine ever telling anyone anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sherbert View Post
    If your thinking of telling him, can you like, I don't know, just be less secretive about it around him? and if he notices tell him that thats the secret you wanted to tell him? I don't know I couldn't imagine ever telling anyone anyway
    That's what I was thinking because everytime he comes over "my secret" is right under him ( i have one of those beds where the bed is the dresser and thats where i hide my "stash"). I guess i'll just be clumsy and "forget" that I left it out where he can see it.

Since you text-ed him and told him you have something to tell him, just come out and say it. Straight to the point, no icing. Meet him at the door when he comes over, tell him you have something you want to tell him, then tell just tell him. Let him ask questions, answer to the best of your abilities.

you may want to let him know that the whole liking diapers thing isnt a choice and that you don't even understand it ( or at least many of us don't).

Unless you and your friend are bi or gay I would not tell him about this, if you are both straight I would not tell him about this, because he is probably going to be under the assumption that this is something sexual in nature, as it is for a lot of people, I know not all people but a lot, and this may really freak him out as he may think you are in some way trying to involve him in your sexual antics.

I've thought about this quite a bit, and even though I'm sure my long-time friend (of almost 30 years) would be perfectly accepting of the fact that I enjoy wearing diapers, I don't think I would reveal that about myself unless I sensed that he was in an emotionally vulnerable place and in need of trading secrets to feel better about himself. In other words, I would do it only if I'd already gotten some similarly sensitive dirt on him. Outside of that exceptionally rare scenario (which has only happened once before, during which I shared the details of a rocky relationship I was in), I really can't imagine "outing myself."