Thread: Good diapers to start out with?

Default Good diapers to start out with?

I was looking on abuniverse, and was looking at the Super Dry kids. There cheaper than the cushies and seem to be the same, just different prints. I'll probably wear to bed, and I'm just starting out so I'm not going to go top dollar.

Curiously, what have you tried (if anything), and what did you like or not like?

Quote Originally Posted by FriedTurkey View Post
    I was looking on abuniverse, and was looking at the Super Dry kids. There cheaper than the cushies and seem to be the same, just different prints. I'll probably wear to bed, and I'm just starting out so I'm not going to go top dollar.
    Don't risk wearing those to bed. They don't hold much more than a Depend.

I'm speaking from experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Don't risk wearing those to bed. They don't hold much more than a Depend.

I'm speaking from experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Curiously, what have you tried (if anything), and what did you like or not like?
    Haven't been in a proper diaper in about 10 years. I've wet my underwear once in the tub.

I like overnight wetting and the occasional mess, and somewhat discrete.

Haven't been in a proper diaper in about 10 years.
    Well, if you think you can get away with ordering diapers online (as your original posts suggests), then you've certainly got a ton of options! As disposables go, there's ABU (SDK, Cushies), Bambino, Abena, Dry 24/7, etc., and you'll find about as many different recommendations here as there are diapers to choose from! My suggestion would be to poke around the site, look for reviews (here and elsewhere), and then boldly try something! Some amount of trial-and-error is required, and I suspect most people end up trying a few different diapers before they find something they really like.

As adult diapers go, I'm one of them derned cloth wearers.

If ordering seems likely to get you caught, then your options are fairly limited as far as adult diapers go. Depends can be found in many drugstores and even grocery stores, and they ... are diapers. (Most here don't seem to care for them.) The Walgreens "Certainty" brand is quite well-liked as far as store-bought diapers go. Of course, the very easiest diapers to get are baby diapers and youth diapers (like Goodnites). Many teens and even some adults here like Goodnites, and some can "fit into" (put on) baby diapers. When I can't wear adult-sized cloth diapers, I do enjoy baby-sized disposables.

If you haven't worn a diaper in 10 years, I'm tempted to suggest picking something up from your local drugstore, be it Depend, Certainty, Goodnites, etc. and work your way up from there. It'll be faster, cheaper, easier to hide (I'm guessing), you'll get some practice diapering yourself, and you'll have a basis for evaluating and comparing some of the more expensive (and most would say "better") disposables you'll find online.

Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Take care!
    Thanks for your help, I've done some research and Abena abri-forms seem like good mid quality diapers, I'll order them online with a prepaid visa, and just tell my mom in advance that it's a Christmas present or something. Do you know the best place to get Abenas is? Discrete shipping is preferred. Rep +1

Edit, spelling

alu

Do you know the best place to get Abenas is? Discrete shipping is preferred.
    In america i hear that xpmedical is the best place with discrete shipping.

Abri-form link XP Medical - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Adult Diapers

shipping information XP Medical - Shipping & Returns

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    In america i hear that xpmedical is the best place with discrete shipping.
    I didn't see the shipping information, thanks for that. I looked at the diaper tests, I think the M3 or M4 is the best for me. Will be ordering closer to Christmas. Thanks for all your help.

Edit: And I'll be sure to write a review after I go through a couple