Thread: Remember remember the 5th of November

Default Remember remember the 5th of November

A thread for all of us in the UK who are celebrating Bonfire Night this Saturday to remember Guy Fawkes' Gunpowder Treason Plot.

How many of you guys are going to a fireworks display??

acorn

Poor Guy Fawkes, it's said that he was the only Englishman ever, to enter the House of Parliament with honorable intentions.

Going to a public fireworks show in London with my boyfriend :-)

i'm catholic

actually, i really stopped giving a toss about it when people began to refer to others as 'guy'; it just showed that in terms of culture and identity, they'd lost the plot.
    so, er, i shall be celebrating the gunpowder plot, not it's thwarting.

I'm going to a local bonfire about 250 yards with a fireworks display.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

no shit?
    i legitimately thought that the whole guy fawkes thing was just something from the movie...

that's AWESOME!!!

...yes i'm an ignorant american. sigh.

I'm going to have to deal with a bunch of ignorant protesters who either completely misconstrued the original gunpowder plot or saw V for Vendetta and believed THAT had the same motive the gunpowder plot (in which case, wow, I better make sure they don't blow up the courthouse). The price on Guy Fawkes masks are skyrocketing as I type!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacore View Post
    I'm going to have to deal with a bunch of ignorant protesters who either completely misconstrued the original gunpowder plot or saw V for Vendetta and believed THAT had the same motive the gunpowder plot (in which case, wow, I better make sure they don't blow up the courthouse). The price on Guy Fawkes masks are skyrocketing as I type!
    Aren't guy Fawkes mask made in china and can be printed off for mere US pennies? Stupid supply and demand.