Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who likes it cold?

Default Who likes it cold?

that is to say, who likes cold temperatures better than warm ones?

i'm just downright uncomfortable if my room is above 45* at any given time. verrrrrrry cold, apparently. (i'll frequently leave my window open at night, especially in the winter)

the strange part is that when i'm in bed, i like to have 4 or 5 blankets. it's weird.

is anyone else like this? or even the opposite (as in liking it warm)?

Hi Zakroo,
    I'm the same way! I prefer it colder. I have roomates that prefer to have the heat on full blast all night, and it drives me crazy. I also think it a waste of energy. But the most honest reason is because I like to burrow under the blankets, knowing it's chilly outside of my little den

Cold weather is depressing to me, as soon as the first snowfall hit, my mood crashed. Can't explain it.

I agree with both of y'all =D
    Here in Texas our winter is barely seventy some years yet every store, restaurant, friends house I go to have the heater cranked to 90. >_o

Thank goodness my mom is from up North and our house is a cozy 56-70 year round. Its a little high to run the AC but we use lots of fans too so the air circles nicely. ^^

But summer is horrible... this year we had several weeks of 3 digit weather and our AC decided to implode on us. So we were for most of this summer sitting in our undergarments with all the fans pointed at us >_< hopefully the winter is good this year to make up for it.

I like colder weather but to a point, which usually is pretty high here in Arizona (compared to other places I've been xD). Inside especially I hate when it gets below 50, but if it is in the high 70s or 80s I start finding it hot and drives me nuts (terrible when you live somewhere where in summer the lows might not get out of the 90s). In Seattle it was much different, 40 degrees (and at times 30) was very comfortable as long as the wind didn't blow xD. It sucked there because you went inside and everyone had to have the damn thermostat set to like 80-90 grrrrr...

I dont really mind hot or cold and will tolerate a T-shirt and jeans all year round but i do love the cold. Also I have an older brother in arizona it spoiled him, when he came back up to indiana he couldn't stand the snow.

I'm in favor of in the pot, and most preferably, no less than 10 days old.

Hi,

I can't relate to those US-fantasy temperature units as I don't know what they mean in reality, but I prefer it also cold at night. I slept with open windows and lots of blankets even if it was below 272K outside. The hot summers in Australia are a problem when temperatures don't fall below 300K during nightime (at least it's a dry heat in SA and not as humid as in the NT or QLD), as I don't like AC, can't sleep with them. Anyway, during the day my optimal operational temperatures range from from 257K to 272K and then from 292K to 317K. I miss the snow down here.

Cheers.

PS.: ADISC should adopt the SI system as its official units of measurment. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    Hi,

I can't relate to those US-fantasy temperature units as I don't know what they mean in reality, but I prefer it also cold at night. I slept with open windows and lots of blankets even if it was below 272K outside. The hot summers in Australia are a problem when temperatures don't fall below 300K during nightime (at least it's a dry heat in SA and not as humid as in the NT or QLD), as I don't like AC, can't sleep with them. Anyway, during the day my optimal operational temperatures range from from 257K to 272K and then from 292K to 317K. I miss the snow down here.

Cheers.

PS.: ADISC should adopt the SI system as its official units of measurment. ;-)
    Australia uses Kelvin units for temperature? Hmm, that's cool I thought for most places it was either Celsius or Fahrenheit... Guess I was wrong. :P thats cool

And I love the cold, it makes me happy and warm weather ticks me off, I hate being hot :P snow is like the happiest sight ever and winter is my favorite time because it means, snow, hockey and Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleIons View Post
    Australia uses Kelvin units for temperature? Hmm, that's cool I thought for most places it was either Celsius or Fahrenheit... Guess I was wrong. :P thats cool

And I love the cold, it makes me happy and warm weather ticks me off, I hate being hot :P snow is like the happiest sight ever and winter is my favorite time because it means, snow, hockey and Christmas!
    Unfortunately not. But I couldn't complain about the Fahrenheit scale and then go on with a similar non SI-scale, so I had to be consequent.

Was funny today listening to the radio, about the coming summer: "What comes to mind when you're thinking about summer? ... and of course: Christmas!"
    Thats so strange. Christmas down under somehow doesn't really work for me.