Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abena X-Plus - Does It Get Any Better?

June

Default Abena X-Plus - Does It Get Any Better?

So, I ordered two packs of Abena X-Plus diapers from North Shore Care about a month ago. I put the shipping address at my dad's house, and asked him to hold it until I visited him again. Last weekend, I went to his house and picked up the package while I was visiting and tested a few of then out.

Now, jumping from Depends and store-bought diapers, let me just say that these are amazing. They have an amazing soaking capacity, great fit, awesome durability, and are very, very comfortable. The inside is so soft against my skin. Now, I am never going back to store-bought.

But anyway, the reason I'm saying this is to ask a question: Does it get any better than Abenas? Is there a diaper out there that overall superior to it?

I would say Dry 24/7s are superior to the abenas. I was a long time fan of abenas myself, but dry 24/7s dont have the woody smell, and they arent as stiff as abenas. Fabines might surpass 24/7s, but i have yet to try them and am unwilling due to the cost

I agree. Dry 24/7s are thicker than Abenas. The plastic is a bit thicker and more durable as well.
    I'm not sure about Fabines either. Though I can tell you that their manufacturer has a bad rep on this forum.

I disagree, the 24/7s are too much of a good thing, my legs go numb if I sleep in my side. The X-Plus were the best but the M-4s are the current champ in my book.

I'd agree with Nam in that too much bulk in the crotch can be a bad thing. My fabine got very damp last night and due to the massive swell it was impossible to sleep on my side any longer. Also can cause a bit of a waddle while you walk, and possible chaffing to your inner thighs if you have to walk a lot. Though I'd say the M4 is getting up there fast for crotch bulk. The 24/7 and fabine are the only two that are going to be thicker in the crotch without boosting/stacking.

The 24/7 is a little different though, it gets its crotch bulk from a combination of thick padding and increased padding width in the crotch, which makes its thigh-rubbing effects a little more intensified.

I have tried several different brands, and to be honest, no, not that i know of.

I've heard the the Dry 24/7's have better absorbency, but at the cost of comfort and SAP durability, but i have not tried them myself.

The uniqueness of Abena's is that they offer a full range of products. The M2 for amazing discreteness, and the M4 amazing absorbency. Both of these products offer great comfort, to the point where i no longer realize I'm wearing them when they are on!

I'm always looking for better products, but so far, Abena is king, overall!

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageToddler View Post
    So, I ordered two packs of Abena X-Plus diapers from North Shore Care about a month ago. I put the shipping address at my dad's house, and asked him to hold it until I visited him again. Last weekend, I went to his house and picked up the package while I was visiting and tested a few of then out.

Now, jumping from Depends and store-bought diapers, let me just say that these are amazing. They have an amazing soaking capacity, great fit, awesome durability, and are very, very comfortable. The inside is so soft against my skin. Now, I am never going back to store-bought.

But anyway, the reason I'm saying this is to ask a question: Does it get any better than Abenas? Is there a diaper out there that overall superior to it?
    As most have said, yes, dry 24/7's hold more. I love both Abena's and dry 24/7's. If you really want to blow your mind, order some Abena Abri-Let Maxi boosters and some Abena Abri-Let Normal boosters. Put the Maxi booster in an Abena X-Plus (or Dry 24/7) and then put the Normal Booster on top of that dead center...and some powder if you like...then tape up. You can wear this setup all through the night, soak it 6 or more times without leaking....it's amazing!

-Gus

XP Medical tested Dry 24/7's having more capacity than Abana X-Plus. I prefer the Abena, however, for the fit. Only rarely do I use all the capacity, and that comes with changing three times a day, on average. Perhaps I might get away with changing only twice with Dry's, but I think sitting in a damp diaper for 8 hours without changing is enough.

I was in ur boat two years ago an no you will never go store brought again. I've tried all the premium brands with the exception of secure x plus and tranquility atns. Of them I'd say the abenas were my least favorite not that i find ne thing wrong with em. I find that dry 24/7 hold alot more as well as any bamboo yes especially including the new one. The only bonus i find of th abena is its discreteness.. how ever the molicares hold nearly as much and are more discrete. So i have no use for the abenas ne more... I say try any bamboo and the dry 24/7

Cloth diapers are the best, hands down, period. And yes, they're so good that I added two things to signal the absolute nature of my statement instead of the customary choice of one or the other. You can fold and fit cloth to your preference, and you can make it as thick as you care to. Also, I much prefer the feel of cloth, both wet and dry.

As disposables go, I find it to be a toss-up between Abena X-Plus and Dry 24/7.