Thread: Hi everybody!

Default Hi everybody!

Good afternoon! I'm a recent graduate student with a degree in health science focusing on physical therapy. I'm slowly prepping for grad school and hoping I will be soon on my way to helping out future generations!

I was actually referred for this website, so I'm here to check things out! I've heard positive things about this community website and hope to meet new people! I have been a diaper lover since I was little, so it's been a very common thing for me my whole life.

My hobbies include video games, casual sports with friends (mainly volleyball but frisbee, soccer, or running if I can), exercising and health knowledge, and winter guard. Winter guard is my fine arts enjoyment, and I compete in the highest division internationally.

From this site, I hope to meet new people and see the different spectrums of our social community. Seeing all of the forum posts that exist already, I probably won't be having any innovative new ideas to post. However, I will post here and there on threads to add in my experiences when possible. I'm very comfortable and happy with my abdl and regular life, so I hope that I might be able to provide assistance to those in need of advice sometime!

I hope everyone is doing well! Cheers!

Welcome aboard. Great intro post.

I've always wondered how a health professional feels about the AB/DL scene. Are you mostly focused on school or have you had any practical experience yet like working in a hospital or a clinic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragzu View Post
    Good afternoon! I'm a recent graduate student with a degree in health science focusing on physical therapy. I'm slowly prepping for grad school and hoping I will be soon on my way to helping out future generations!

I was actually referred for this website, so I'm here to check things out! I've heard positive things about this community website and hope to meet new people! I have been a diaper lover since I was little, so it's been a very common thing for me my whole life.

My hobbies include video games, casual sports with friends (mainly volleyball but frisbee, soccer, or running if I can), exercising and health knowledge, and winter guard. Winter guard is my fine arts enjoyment, and I compete in the highest division internationally.

From this site, I hope to meet new people and see the different spectrums of our social community. Seeing all of the forum posts that exist already, I probably won't be having any innovative new ideas to post. However, I will post here and there on threads to add in my experiences when possible. I'm very comfortable and happy with my abdl and regular life, so I hope that I might be able to provide assistance to those in need of advice sometime!

I hope everyone is doing well! Cheers!
    Ragzu! Got your email on that one site (not allowed to say which; no mentioning of 18+ sites on here, remember that!) and I'm glad to see you did sign up! I'll send you a friend request.

Hope you'll like it here as much as I do! It's easy to make your way up to the EC-level ranks. You just have to contribute some stuff, like threads and comments. I think it took me...3 days? Can't remember haha.

@Nate Sean-

First, I find it interesting you have a midsagittal cross-section for a profile pic and you're questioning about health majors. :P Are you one yourself?

As for being a health major and meeting other health majors, I think that we're all perfectly fine with the scene. There isn't any real reason why we should be more offended by the scene or more comfortable as everyone has their own life experiences that mature his/her personal identity. Personally, I think I see health professionals slightly lean more to the DL side than the AB side of things. There is no excuse for this, but if I had to take an educated guess, I would say that health majors are naturally care givers due to their passion for the health field, so based off their profiles and pics, they wouldn't appear that much of a submissive AB even if they were one!

Physical Therapy schools work that you have to have lots of volunteer hours. I've done volunteer work in hospitals and sports medicine clinics. They've all been very eye-opening and have taught me that my career is going to be very exciting and grad school is going to be very difficult, hahaha. That's how the health field goes, though! You can't have anything less for taking care of peoples' lives.

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

@Thevisceral-

Ooooo I'm going to have to remember that rule. I apologize in advance for any forum rule breaking I accidentally do. I'll get everything moving slowly, but I actually just got a job recently!! Woot woot! Therefore, I'll be slowing down on the online time soon.

I will say I'm super sad that I couldn't PM you!!! I was just going to switch that conversation over to here and let it go, but those are the rules then... I'll just get EC slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragzu View Post
    @Nate Sean-

First, I find it interesting you have a midsagittal cross-section for a profile pic and you're questioning about health majors. :P Are you one yourself?
    I'm actually a failed education/English major. But actually the photo comes from an MRI I got when I was participating in a brain study at MIT. I got paid four hundred dollars for it and I got to take the pictures of my brain home. I'm hoping they'll let me participate next year, because I do feel the experiment did something to increase my memory, but I digress.

Personally, I think I see health professionals slightly lean more to the DL side than the AB side of things. There is no excuse for this, but if I had to take an educated guess, I would say that health majors are naturally care givers due to their passion for the health field, so based off their profiles and pics, they wouldn't appear that much of a submissive AB even if they were one!
    True. It does require a bit of submission to be an adult baby. Like you, I'm more of a diaper lover, though I do hope to be changed by someone at some point. I suppose there's also the health aspect of it. Medical professionals like nurses and therapists are all about helping patients preserve their dignity. And if wearing diapers and discreetly peeing is in anyway theraputic or comforting to the patient than I could see most health professionals (except for the most snobbish) supporting a DL lifestyle.

I once explained to a nurse that it was basically my personal addiction. But at least with a diaper if I sell it to someone on the street I can't get arrested.

I think you'll fit in well here. A lot of discussions crop up that could definitely use a fresh perspective from someone in your field.