Thread: furry??

Default furry??

i love to collect animal hats and wear them, but i dont know if that makes me a furry. i feel like i a more tb/dl than anything else though.

so my question i guess is wether r not liking to collect animal hats and wearing them makes me a furry

Supersam1223

That doesn't make you a furry. If you want to see if you may be a furry, try browsing the furry forum, there is some good posts that may help you decide. One such post that may be helpful is this one, made by WingDog:

Do you like Anthropomorphic artwork? Can be anything from Animal mascots and or cartoon characters like Mickey Mouse, the Disney version of Robin Hood. Do you find yourself wanting to wear a fursuit? When you close doors, do you make sure your tail is out of the way? Do you have a Fursona (an animal version of yourself) Pokemon can be a fursona.

If you answer yes to any of these questions and want to call yourself a Furry, then you are a Furry.

Remember that furry is just a label, You can enjoy what the fandom has to offer and not call yourself a furry. For me I have known I have been a fan of Anthro for YEARS! But only until recently have I started calling myself a furry. Personally I love the term. That's really the only reason I call myself one.

Cygnus

If you think you are a furry, and you want to be a furry, then you are a furry. It's a matter of choice. If you don't wanna be a furry, you're not a furry. If you wanna be a furry, you're a furry. So the question is, do you want to be a furry?

I agree. It is a choice. My gf loves cows and I do mean anything cow but she is NOT a furry. So it is up to you if you are or not.

I don't think it's a choice any more than being gay is a choice... Or liking diapers, for that matter... It's just part of who I am... And my persona would be incomplete without it

You're either gay or you aren't... You're either a furry or you're not... Forcing yourself to go against your nature is detrimental

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen View Post
    I don't think it's a choice any more than being gay is a choice... Or liking diapers, for that matter... It's just part of who I am... And my persona would be incomplete without it

You're either gay or you aren't... You're either a furry or you're not... Forcing yourself to go against your nature is detrimental
    I disagree. I'm a furry and it's a big part of who I am, but it was still a choice. When I heard about furries and learned more about them I could've easily just said "that's not for me" and moved on.
    It's like how if someone likes tennis. It doesn't mean they have to go play tennis, but if they enjoy it, they probably will.

That doesn't make any sense at all...
    Tennis isn't a lifestyle, it's a sport... The comparison isn't close enough to work.

Cygnus

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen View Post

It is true that you don't choose to feel the feelings associated with being a furry. However, you can still choose if you want to call yourself a furry. Being gay is a trait of a person, being a furry only means that you associate yourself with the furry sub-culture. While you still may have furry traits, you don't have to call yourself a furry; you could call yourself anything, furry is just a fandom.

I think that furry is a part of who I am, I want to be an anthro husky, I've had sexual dreams featuring an anthro tigress, and I've had dreams all my life in which I am a husky. Somebody who only likes the fandom for the people in it can call themselves a furry as well. You can't be straight and call yourself gay (truthfully), but you don't have to even want to be an anthropomorphic animal and still call yourself a furry.

I could choose to call the sky green, but no matter what i've decided the colour should be, it will still remain blue

i have a hard time believing that if i call myself not a furry that it would be true... same as if i called myself straight... no matter how hard i try, it would still not be true... besides, calling yourself or not calling yourself something doesn't change the reality of the situation...

i should point out that one can be part of the furry fandom while not being a furry, just like one can be a furry while not being part of the furry fandom (the latter being much less likely). So there is a separation... there is the furry lifestyle/sexuality, and there is the furry fandom....

it's very easy to decide one day "hey furries are cool and i enjoy the artwork and the community" and then turn around and decide a couple years later "i don't like furries any more" . Being part of the furry fandom is a choice...Identifying as a furry is very much a different situation.

Edit: maybe I should have picked another colour other than green, the sky turns green when a tornado is about to go by
    Last edited by Tristen; 04-Nov-2011 at 12:45.

I think we are getting away from what the question was. It was asked that just bc someone collected something does that make them a furry...my answer is NO!. Just because you like to collect stuff animals of a certain kind or anything else that is animal does not make you a furry. I know alot of people who collect all kinds of animal items who are not furries of any kind. I believe that it takes something more than just collecting to make you a furry. It is something you feel deep down in your soul.