Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going 24/7 plan?

Default Going 24/7 plan?

So im planning on going 24/7 soon, and i wanted to see if this was a good plan considering what is happening to my work schedule.

Tomorrow i start working second shift at my work (2:30-1:00am Mon-Thur) and I will be getting a 7% raise so i was thinking this was a good chance for me to try wearing 24/7. With the 7% raise i can easily afford to do it, it will be night when I'm at work and there will only be a total of 13 people working on 2nd shift so changing should be no problem because i can just go to the bathroom when people are working and/or i could go to the bathroom farther away from where most of us will be working (i work in a factory). And i work away from every one else. I don't plan on starting right away, i plan on buying some looser shirts and baggier pants (lol i need to go cloths shopping any way) and i need to check on how easy it will be for me to change and how to have the supplies with me.

So any thoughts, ideas, or concerns? Or even something i completely forgot about lol?

Sure go for it. Just be careful to make sure you don't begin to lose absolute control. Things lose their enjoyment factor when they are something that must happen.

If "Unpotty training" yourself is your goal. Then think carefully on what could go wrong things you won't be able to do anymore and stuff like that.

I've been 24/7 for around 9 weeks. My plan consisted mostly of 'buy diapers, then wear them 24/7'. Seems to have worked. Good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by P9Kitty View Post
    Sure go for it. Just be careful to make sure you don't begin to lose absolute control. Things lose their enjoyment factor when they are something that must happen.

If "Unpotty training" yourself is your goal. Then think carefully on what could go wrong things you won't be able to do anymore and stuff like that.
    lol "unpotty training" is something i will never go for. When i wear i never just relax and let it flow i always hold it for a bit than pee and repeat lol

Yeah.. just make sure that you have lots of diaper packages, so youŽll donŽt need to buy new package in every week

Make sure to keep clean, really clean. Use powder, lotion, creams, and/or any other products out there you feel comfortable with to keep odor and rashes in check. Might want to consider some landscaping to minimize hair in the diaper region. Use quality products to avoid changing often, or be prepared to change after each use. Get to know your diapers limits before failure, such as moving/sitting in a used one. Make sure to keep all your supplies handy including a change of pants, socks, shirt, and shoes in the event of a catastrophic failure. I'm sure after keeping all these supplies around you will be able to better compile a more personalized kit depending on your diaper use and habits over the following weeks.

That's how I'd start in any case...

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    Make sure to keep clean, really clean. Use powder, lotion, creams, and/or any other products out there you feel comfortable with to keep odor and rashes in check. Might want to consider some landscaping to minimize hair in the diaper region. Use quality products to avoid changing often, or be prepared to change after each use. Get to know your diapers limits before failure, such as moving/sitting in a used one. Make sure to keep all your supplies handy including a change of pants, socks, shirt, and shoes in the event of a catastrophic failure. I'm sure after keeping all these supplies around you will be able to better compile a more personalized kit depending on your diaper use and habits over the following weeks.

That's how I'd start in any case...
    Thanks for the advice, spare cloths is a good idea hopefully unneeded but still good idea. Do you have any suggestions for cremes and such, also diapers? I have a couple ideas for which diaper im going with but not sure. And i completely forgot about landscaping.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonKiba View Post
    Thanks for the advice, spare cloths is a good idea hopefully unneeded but still good idea. Do you have any suggestions for cremes and such, also diapers? I have a couple ideas for which diaper im going with but not sure. And i completely forgot about landscaping.
    I think I would look very closely at the Tranquility Slimline Breathable diapers. I have had very good results with them so far. The cloth is comfortable, quiet, doesn't sweat urine or odors, and it being cloth you don't have to worry about any noises while wearing or changing. You also can use as much powder as you want with out worrying about the tapes as they are velcro. They are really slim and discreet, fit will, but absorb more than Depends. They are NOT on the same level as a premium like your Molicares, Bambinos, and so forth. They will hold two wettings fairly confidently though. Oh! And these are VERY affordable. I think I got a case of 96 shipped to the house for $50.

As far as using any products, I am a big fan of baby powder and LOTS of it. Because of my cloth backed diapers I can lay it out and sprinkle powder all over it. I make sure to concentrate a lot of it on the leg gathers paying special attention to the areas on the OUTSIDE of the stand up leak guards. This area is the main contact and chafe point with your legs and if using a lot of powder I never have any irritation issues and it seems to minimize damage from leaks in this area as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    I think I would look very closely at the Tranquility Slimline Breathable diapers. I have had very good results with them so far. The cloth is comfortable, quiet, doesn't sweat urine or odors, and it being cloth you don't have to worry about any noises while wearing or changing. You also can use as much powder as you want with out worrying about the tapes as they are velcro. They are really slim and discreet, fit will, but absorb more than Depends. They are NOT on the same level as a premium like your Molicares, Bambinos, and so forth. They will hold two wettings fairly confidently though. Oh! And these are VERY affordable. I think I got a case of 96 shipped to the house for $50.

As far as using any products, I am a big fan of baby powder and LOTS of it. Because of my cloth backed diapers I can lay it out and sprinkle powder all over it. I make sure to concentrate a lot of it on the leg gathers paying special attention to the areas on the OUTSIDE of the stand up leak guards. This area is the main contact and chafe point with your legs and if using a lot of powder I never have any irritation issues and it seems to minimize damage from leaks in this area as well.
    o kk, cool. I think I'm gonna go with a premium diaper tho, i want one that will last a very long time. lol i always use lots of powder too.

I have been wearing 24/7 and trust me, you won't lose control if you are unable to pee in any position. I can't always pee when I am sitting because it depends on where I sit and how I sit. I can't pee lying down either unless I am lying in a certain position but I am not sure if I can do it in bed yet. But I can always pee standing.

Be sure you bring some extra diapers with and use baby powder to hide the smell and put lot of it in your diapers when you put it on. Also use rash cream when I feel itchy down there or when you feel stinging. You might want to wear some plastic pants for in case of leaks. Also use some plastic bags to put the used diapers in when you throw it away, you might feel too embarrassed to leave the stall with a diaper in your hand. You would also have to learn to change standing so you can change in the restroom. You might have to learn to change sitting too in case you have to do it in the car.

I would also recommend getting a good diaper like Tenas or Traquility ATN or Molicare superplus or Abri form, or any European diaper. They will leak less. Plus if you use any Euro diapers, you may not have to change at all since it's supposed to be three changes in 24 hrs.