Thread: Sony OLED TV Technology

Default Sony OLED TV Technology

I was at a Sony store and they had an OLED TV on display...Amazing! It was like 10 pieces of printer paper thick. Crystal clear picture (it was in 1080p HD), way too small for gaming (It might be good for Pong), but it would definitely look nice on my desk.

From just looking at it...I would buy it for $500 (if I had any money to begin with), but it's not worth much more than that, for the simple reason it isn't practical because you can't see it from across the room.

I'll stick with my 60" plasma HDTV for now.

This is the first time I heard you can buy an OLED TV. But then again, I have not really been looking into the news of it all. OLEDs are used in the latest ultra portable laptops for their size and power efficiency.

How big is the screen? for 1080p $500 sounds like an interesting amount. I would pick OLED over plasma just for better quality from my understanding. My dad has a plasma TV but I hate it, its a bit fuzzy and the RGB segments are still separate.

In laptops, I will pick OLED over TFT-LCD as its more efficient and brighter. Might bring the meaning back to suing Back backgrounds on web pages to save battery power :P. But the trade off being more expensive.

I've seen OLED watches where you can watch video, and small picture frames, but this is the first TV I've heard of...

I really like OLED cuz it's relatively cheap, and the quality is pretty good

I think it was a 7" screen, thats why it's not worth the money. I don't know how much it was, but I would get it IF it was $500. Apparently, the life of the screen is only like 3000 hours.

Oh, and my TV is connected to an HD receiver, so it looks a lot better on those HD channels.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGrizzy View Post
    I think it was a 7" screen, thats why it's not worth the money. I don't know how much it was, but I would get it IF it was $500. Apparently, the life of the screen is only like 3000 hours.

Oh, and my TV is connected to an HD receiver, so it looks a lot better on those HD channels.
    Just like the life of plasma screens are short too.

----------------
    Now playing: Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
    via FoxyTunes