Thread: So I was on TV ;)

Default So I was on TV ;)

Primus performed as the music guest for Jimmy Kimmel Live show on ABC Monday night. I snatched up tickets to be in the crowd for the taping and sure enough it happened. Originally I was gonna arrange to be in fursuit but they said it would be a high risk security issue that they've had problems with before. Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying. Still though. I was 10th in line of probably well over 500 people as we waited outside the gate for our cue to come in. The wait wasn't all that bad because connecting with total strangers in line over appreciation for a band is one of those second nature deals. I should mention sound check was going on as well so getting a early taste was also very cool.

After hours had passed we finally got clearance to go in but not after a security check dealing with pat downs and a metal detector entry, just like at the airport. All worth it though because I landed a spot right in the very front on the barricade in front of the man himself, Les Claypool.

Don't believe me? Here's the proof.

Primus - Jilly's on Smack

Primus - Lee Van Cleef

I'm the guy in the green and red Krueger hoodie next to my friends Danielle (blonde) and Rande (dude with the cell taking photos). Oh yeah and the whole place smelled like weed with actors all around us smoking it up like no tomorrow. Welcome to show biz.

Hey man- hope you had a blast! I remember my experience on TV at WWE Saturday Night's Main Event in '06; it is a cool thing to see yourself on TV and I have footage of myself too. I also was on the news two years ago so that was cool as well. That is a cool thing to experience, something you'll always remember no matter what.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Hey man- hope you had a blast! I remember my experience on TV at WWE Saturday Night's Main Event in '06; it is a cool thing to see yourself on TV and I have footage of myself too. I also was on the news two years ago so that was cool as well. That is a cool thing to experience, something you'll always remember no matter what.

WildThing121675
    What really makes it special is the fact I got to share this moment appreciating one of my all time idols since 93'. You're right, I'll never forget it. I pretty much told my friends when we were all taking in the reality together that there's no other place in the world I rather be right now.

Definitely cool statik. How many people can have that experience? Be careful however, or you'll be depicted on South Park....hahahaha.

Cool man. A dream of mine is to get on stage with Green Day; A guy can dream.

saw them back in june when they came to charleston, sc

OP, where are you in the vid??? I swear i just spent 10 minutes looking for what fit your description! o_O

Quote Originally Posted by muppetcaper View Post
    OP, where are you in the vid??? I swear i just spent 10 minutes looking for what fit your description! o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Uzulion View Post
    Same lol cant see you o.o
    Try the 4:18 marker on Jillys on Smack. After that you'll know what to look for because I made quite a few appearances in both vids.

Next stop, Hollywood.
    Right Statik?

I haven't been to any real concerts in a year. Damn I miss them...