Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: annoying super powers

Unhappy annoying super powers

i have this weird thing where i can tell if people are truly good or bad (this gose on and off) and at home i feel the feelings of people in my family (the feelings have to be strong like heavy stress). Dose any one else have this type of problem?

BobOfLight

It's no real super power, your just analysing people. The way their mouth points or the hight of their eybrows may show you peoples intentions before they tell them. It's even more easy with family, because you know theyre behavior very well, so you can see even minor changes. I do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by BobOfLight View Post
    It's no real super power, your just analysing people. The way their mouth points or the hight of their eybrows may show you peoples intentions before they tell them. It's even more easy with family, because you know theyre behavior very well, so you can see even minor changes. I do that too.
    Its not like that, I dont even have to see or hear them I just feel it.

Cherub

I doubt that you can 'feel it'. I agree with BobOfLight in that you probably are very keen on picking up the subtle cues people unconsciously display. Years ago when I wastch the TV show COPS, I was blow away at how the cops could just out of no where notice the bad guy. I thought that perhaps the show was scripted, because it seemed almost un-human for the cop to pick out the bad guy so easily.

Than I got into the field of security. It is a skill that is eventually learned over the years. I am not 100% at it, but I can pick up people's moods and such by their subtle cues they give. It's pretty amazing just how accurate it can be!

BobOfLight

Quote Originally Posted by zachery980 View Post
    Its not like that, I dont even have to see or hear them I just feel it.
    Maybe you are just that good that you can do it without even notice-ing it!

Just tell this to a judge whenever you get pulled for jury duty. They'll kick ya right out.

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    I doubt that you can 'feel it'. I agree with BobOfLight in that you probably are very keen on picking up the subtle cues people unconsciously display. Years ago when I wastch the TV show COPS, I was blow away at how the cops could just out of no where notice the bad guy. I thought that perhaps the show was scripted, because it seemed almost un-human for the cop to pick out the bad guy so easily.

Than I got into the field of security. It is a skill that is eventually learned over the years. I am not 100% at it, but I can pick up people's moods and such by their subtle cues they give. It's pretty amazing just how accurate it can be!

there is one hole in your statement. I don't notice those jesters because I have autism (yes you can ask in this subject and i wont get pissed of) I have trouble on subtle jesters. Its like i come home after a fight happened and i just feel the hate.

there is one hole in your statement. I don't notice those jesters because I have autism (yes you can ask in this subject and i wont get pissed of) I have trouble on subtle jesters. Its like i come home after a fight happened and i just feel the hate.
    I think you mean "gestures". Not trying to be a jerk about it but I honestly didn't get what you meant the first time reading through. I had to go back and look for quote context before it finally clicked for me. Anyway, there's money to be made from legitimate superpowers: Challenge Info but they haven't had to pay out yet.

a lot of people are just really good at telling about people just from their general demeanor. i think that this is what you have, you're just a good reader of body language.

someone who is conscious of their body language and vocal tone can get past this, but most people don't really even think about it.

also, you were talking about annoying super powers?
    asdfmovie - YouTube

i have this weird thing where i can tell if people are truly good or bad (this gose on and off) and at home i feel the feelings of people in my family (the feelings have to be strong like heavy stress). Dose any one else have this type of problem?
    It's actually not so weird.
    I heard someone cry pretty much every night. Someone who I didn't really know in person. I went up to him one day and told him I heard him cry. He wasn't surprised. He didn't make fun of me. He only asked "Did you hear me last night?" and I was like "yeah", and he said "I did cry." Ever since that conversation (it was longer than this. lol) the crying stopped. I don't know. The whole thing was pretty spooky. And he'd pulled me into the greatest hug I've ever received off someone. And I don't think it was cos he sympathized cos I was a nutter or something. We both knew what was going on.