Thread: Could two people who are in love with one another remain just friends?

Default Could two people who are in love with one another remain just friends?

Just wondering, do you think thst two people who are in love with one another be just friends? Two people who have significant others who remain friends because they love their others more. Is this interesting? I mean any people who have been in situations like this? XD

Personally I think that male and females can be friends just fine. And yeah I'm not sure about the in love part. I mean maybe long distance but they couldn't ever be alone together for risk that they cheat on thier others. Anyone have any interesting insights?

Sent from my Android!!!

Honestly, just staying friends when one person is in love is hard enough. I'm kind of on the fence with both parties being in love, because they could both understand each others' views and would agree to agree, so to speak. But that's if they both would not like their love to ruin the friendship. Or something...

There are too many factors to consider in my opinion haha. I actually have a friend who is dating someone and has strong feelings for a woman who he messed up with but could easily give another shot with at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post
    Honestly, just staying friends when one person is in love is hard enough. I'm kind of on the fence with both parties being in love, because they could both understand each others' views and would agree to agree, so to speak. But that's if they both would not like their love to ruin the friendship. Or something...

There are too many factors to consider in my opinion haha. I actually have a friend who is dating someone and has strong feelings for a woman who he messed up with but could easily give another shot with at the same time.
    Messed up with? You mean cheated with?

Sent from my Android!!!

I've been quite fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on how you look at it) in that I've stayed good friends with two people that I was previously romantically involved with to some extent (the first was a girlfriend, the second it was complicated :p). It's difficult, and my feelings have never really changed for either of them, but we've managed to stay fairly good friends. While it's a slightly different scenario, it would lead me to think it could definitely be made to work, but I think it would be difficult for all concerned.

Is there something practical keeping them apart, like one's in Alaska and the other is in Miami? Then yes.

Do they have the means to be together? Difficult to not be, and neither will be happy.

Love and lust are different things, it is very possible to love a person a great deal while still not being in an sexual relationship with them. I have a number of friends that I love to death, and we all maintain our separate relationships just fine. It really depends more on the maturity of your partner to be able to deal with you having such strong emotional bonds with another person.