Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NUK 5; Is It Worth It?

Default NUK 5; Is It Worth It?

I like sucking on my paci (NUK 3) and have been hearing all about the NUK 5s. It will cost me at least $30 no matter from where I order it from.

The question is, is a NUK 5 worth all that money compared to a NUK 3? I'm also thinking of getting a custom one from pacifiers r us.

Shipping is no problem for me since I'm always home before my parents (as long as it's sent via regular mail).

Thanks in advanced.

Definately worth the difference in cost. I tried the 3's (for bruxism), found it z chore to keep up with at night, but with the NUK 5, sized for an adult mouth, I sleep with it every night and very seldom lose it at night. Usually wake up with mine and keep it for about a half hour after I get out of bed. I've bought 4 so far.

yes it is I got mine from mommy baby pants on ebay and got it in just over a week here in canada. I got the orange guard with yellow ring and with shipping it was right around $25. here is the link just ask for no feedback.
    NUK 5 Baby Pacifier/Dummy/Soother Adult Sized | eBay

As each day goes by, I'm getting more and more curious. Not sure I'd buy one yet, and I don't think the wife would be a huge fan, but if a fellow cub offered a test run, I don't think I could resist. They sound very comforting.

I have one, don't really prefer it over a Nuk3 haha. I don't like Nuk guards, so I put the Nuk3 nipple on a guard that I thought was more comfortable. It works perfectly for me, and at about $7 total, it's awesome.

I have the Nuk5 from the ebay link above, I think that is the cheapest place to get them in Canada. I couldn't find a better price anywhere, especially on the modified ones. Overall quality is pretty good, but mine tends to whistle as air leaves the nipple. Kind of annoying. So, I prefer the Nuk3, if it has a different guard.

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    yes it is I got mine from mommy baby pants on ebay and got it in just over a week here in canada. I got the orange guard with yellow ring and with shipping it was right around $25. here is the link just ask for no feedback.
    NUK 5 Baby Pacifier/Dummy/Soother Adult Sized | eBay
    The orange one is exactually what I want. And that would same me some money. I'll have to wait until next Friday for my first paycheck.

Onecho, I'd be glad to try. As long as it's shipped via USPS I should have no problems.

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

A Newfoundlander, Alberta has the larges population on Newfies outside of Newfoundland.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlew View Post
    The orange one is exactually what I want. And that would same me some money. I'll have to wait until next Friday for my first paycheck.

Onecho, I'd be glad to try. As long as it's shipped via USPS I should have no problems.[COLOR="Silver"]
    if you want to save another $1 you could get the white guard it is a little bigger and I am tempted to get that one as well.

I like nuk5, but i've never tried nuk3.

Thing is, i think the whole idea is that it rests comfortably in your mouth, not too big, not too small, to fill up the extra space. Nuk5 may actually be just a little bit too small for me.

I like the nuk 5 but the shield should really be larger. Then i would be in total bliss with a pacifier

My favorite is actually a NUK 5 nipple that I put on a MAM guard.