Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great news! The McRib is back!

Default Great news! The McRib is back!

One of the greatest foodstuffs ever to be served from a drive-thru window is back! That's right, I mean the ever-so-hard-to-find, awesome enough to be parodied by The Simpsons, delightful McRib sandwich at McDonalds is back until November 14!

Bottom Line - No bones about it: The McRib is back

So yeah, I know what I'm doing for lunch tomorrow, and several more times between now and then!!

One of my high school friends' parents, for some reason, had a whole case of McRib patties. Cooking those on an actual charcoal grill and slathering them with some great barbecue sauce created the world's most awesome processed meat sandwich.

On the downside, now I can't eat a regular McRib because it's just not right anymore. ;-)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

and another HA for good measure. This is why Americans are FATTTTYS. (self included, but not so much anymore)

You can get them by the box (frozen) at Sam's Club. Not McDonald's brand name, but looks and tastes exactly the same.

I'd love to try it to see what the hype is about. However I don't really like the taste of pork and from what I've seen not a single person does either. At least guessing from all the dry rubs, glazes, sauces, etc that people slather on.

I'd say most meat by itself is pretty damn boring.

I can't say I've had just plain beef before. Or chicken. Or fish for that matter. It's always got some sort of spice or rub or sauce on it. Plain meat == meh.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaCat View Post
    I'd say most meat by itself is pretty damn boring.

I can't say I've had just plain beef before. Or chicken. Or fish for that matter. It's always got some sort of spice or rub or sauce on it. Plain meat == meh.
    I'll agree that meat is boring by itself. But my point is I can and I think most others can stand plain chicken, fish and beef a lot better then just plain pork. Hell, with the right kind of fish you don't need anything IMHO as long as it's cooked right.

I'm going to America next next July, hopefully they'll still be available and I can see what the hype is about.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    That's right, I mean the ever-so-hard-to-find, awesome enough to be parodied by The Simpsons, delightful McRib sandwich at McDonalds is back until November 14!
    Ever-so-hard-to-find? They only bring it back every year.

For a very limited time. 3 or so weeks is what, 97% of the year at best?