Thread: Wow, some help here plz?

Default Wow, some help here plz?

Sorry guys, but i need help, i have been workin for 24 hours in my monograph and cant think clearly anymore... i just waked up in front of my pc with the head in the keyboard, i just need to write the conclussion but cant hink anymore =P

The subject of my mongraph is "the myth in a modern and rational society" , its basicaly about how the myth is a important part in our society, i talked about superstitions, psicolgoy, etc. Bur cant think anymore, so im gonna need a bit of help, the question is
    WHY DO YOU THE THINK THE MYTH AND SUPERSTITIONS ARE IMPORTATN FOR US IN THIS SOCIETY?

I have trouble knowing what you mean by "the myth", and my society (in the USA) is probably different from yours (in Colombia I figure).

People have superstitions about many things, from astrology to playing the lottery to avoiding breaking mirrors and walking under ladders. Like many irrational beliefs, they are likely to be passed down through generations and trusted because they were believed strongly by parents.

Don't add any new ideas in your conclusion though :-) You should probably just restate things you already mentioned in the middle of your paper.

Like: what role do Myth's and Superstitions play in our modern society? How do UFO's and the-like effect our rational day-to-day thoughts and actions? If this is where you're going, I've got some experience in the area. Socially, I don't think they play a huge role. They certainly don't play a role in the market (except for small amounts of paraphernalia that get sold to the several UFO enthusiasts). I guess you could argue that Myth's and Superstitions are what keeps some traditions alive. I'd have to think outside American culture to develop any type of argument for this.

Quote Originally Posted by danterenos View Post
    WHY DO YOU THE THINK THE MYTH AND SUPERSTITIONS ARE IMPORTATN FOR US IN THIS SOCIETY?
    putting it simply, they're mental tools for simplifying things which may complex or at a distance from our personal reality but still affecting us, and they're often ideas which are manipulated by those seeking power.

most our 'modern' myths and superstitions, while still being manifestly such, are given 'modern' terms - most of which we've learned from the education system/government and the popular media.
    as such, you can then see how it can argued that the basic premiss behind the subject you face is itself much a myth, that of 'a modern and rational society'.
    while that offers some scope for pondering, the most interesting aspect is that of the role of the question setter and his questioning (as though he's not enthralled by myth and superstition, by virtue of his position).