Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you consider this cheating?

Default Would you consider this cheating?

Someone is married or in a relationship, they let other people change their diapers. My husband considers this cheating so he is the only one who changes me but yet he is fine with other women changing me (That hasn't happened yet) but me letting other men change me would be cheating so I don't let them change me. My mom agrees too that it would be cheating.

In my somewhat twisted view of things, cheating is a fairly arbitrary line that we draw anyway.

I'd say if it's sexual, the general definition of cheating applies.. otherwise probably not. Whether it matches the definition is probably irrelevant though. If your SO sees it as cheating, or is just uncomfortable with the idea, I'd say consider it off limits.

I wouldn't call it cheating but I can tell you one thing, I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone changing my wife especially not another man. It may not be cheating per-se in the sense that my wife may not intend to enter into a sexual relationship with the man that's changing her diaper but I wouldn't trust another man to take my wife's panties off so why would I trust another man to take her diaper off? It may be a whole different context but as innocent as it may seem, the opportunity for another man to fool around with my wife would be much greater if I was okay with that man having such unlimited access to my wife's body.

When you get into areas where one partner or another "won't allow" something are you missing the point about what "partnership" means and drifting into the difficult waters of possessiveness? It might sound idealistic but maybe the question shouldn't arise in a loving relationship where you think about each others needs as much as you do your own?

Your husband thinks its cheating, you know he thinks its cheating, therefore, its cheating. You wouldn't intentionally do things that you know are hurtful to him, right?

I can't help but think of Bill Clinton: "I did not have sex with that woman"

No I would never do things that would upset my husband. Not intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Someone is married or in a relationship, they let other people change their diapers. My husband considers this cheating so he is the only one who changes me but yet he is fine with other women changing me (That hasn't happened yet) but me letting other men change me would be cheating so I don't let them change me. My mom agrees too that it would be cheating.
    What if the male was a doctor and he was given medical orders at a hostiple to do so? That's not cheating, that's following rules.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    What if the male was a doctor and he was given medical orders at a hostiple to do so? That's not cheating, that's following rules.
    That is completely outside of the realm of the scope of the discussion. There is a big difference between a doctor doing something in a clinical setting verses someone doing something against the husband's wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    That is completely outside of the realm of the scope of the discussion. There is a big difference between a doctor doing something in a clinical setting verses someone doing something against the husband's wishes.
    alright then. Figured it was on topic but guess not.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    alright then. Figured it was on topic but guess not.
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't coming down on you for anything. Just adding to the conversation.