Thread: I'm not quite sure what to do

Default I'm not quite sure what to do

I feel like a real idiot for even thinking about it, but it feels really good to just get it off my chest. Maybe you guys can ground me in reality.

I'm a senior in high school. At the end of my sophomore year I dated a girl. I think we really liked each other, but we were so awkward about it and new to the whole thing that it didn't work out. It ended in the summer. She was sick one day, and I was out shopping for a birthday card for a friend. I found a funny get well card and gave it to her. She broke up with me that day. She said that she was having extended family problems (Is that ever just an excuse to break up with a guy?). I asked her if we could maybe get back together later, she said not to wait for her. I tried talking to her so we could be friends, but she said we had nothing in common. Ouch.

We had a few classes together junior year. I tried saying hello, but after a while we just pretended we had never known each other. We even sat right next to each other in our classes due to teacher assigned seats. I became good friends with her best friend, and kinda have a crush on her. Doesn't look like it could work out very well anyway. So, I sort of moved on, but not very far.

She hasn't dated since me, so I don't know what she thinks of me anymore. We have classes again this year. A couple of my friends who know her pretty well said that we are a lot alike. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Should I try saying something to her? Say something to her friend about it? Is it even worth it? My stupid idea was to write some sort of note, but it sounds weird and creepy. I might write it to myself to just get it out. I think I'm just complaining and being really stupid for saying any of this, but I need to just say all of it. I'm almost about to delete what I've said.

Sheepz

Shes obviously not interested in you man, at least those are the signals she is giving off. Maybe things have changed, but I wouldn't be too sure. Just try talking to her, flirt, and see if she responds positively back.

There will be plenty of other fish in the sea. She seems like a bitch, don't let it get to you.

I hear you and where you're coming from. I never got over the girl who broke up with me freshman year of High School. With that said, though, in reality it's best to move on. In a few months you'll be graduating anyway, and having a clean slate on your way to college will make freshman orientation much more fun

Well she said herself that you guys have nothing in common. To me it doesn't seem like she is interested. I mean, it never hurts to try, but I would hate for you to get your hopes up. I would think about moving on and pursuing other relationships.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by muffin View Post
    I found a funny get well card and gave it to her. She broke up with me that day. she said we had nothing in common. Ouch. She hasn't dated since me,

Quote Originally Posted by Gingy View Post
    There will be plenty of other fish in the sea. She seems like a bitch, don't let it get to you.
    Maybe she going to be a nun? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    Maybe she going to be a nun? LOL
    That wouldn't explain her not wanting to be friends with him. I would assume nuns are honest people.