Thread: think about a buggy

Default think about a buggy

today I have see on eBay buggy think get it ?????

Miku

Huh? A little more info please, I don't quite understand what you're saying.. What do you mean by buggy?

Do you mean a baby stroller or pram, or pushchair as strollers are called in the UK? Ebay is loaded with them...all brand names, ages (new to antique), and styles from small umbrella strollers to large, elegant looking coach built prams made by companies like Silver Cross and Inglesina. Do you have an ebay link you could share? If it's truly a baby stroller you mean, are you of a build to be able to fit in one? I have been up to a 32" waist and nearly 150 lbs. and could still fit comfortably in most baby strollers. So, if you are that size/weight or smaller, you should have no problem getting into one. Just make sure it has a strong enough chassis to hold your weight. Most larger ones hold heavier weights with no problem, but some of the smaller umbrella or cheaply made plastic-y models could break under teen or adult weight.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Do you mean a baby stroller or pram, or pushchair as strollers are called in the UK? Ebay is loaded with them...all brand names, ages (new to antique), and styles from small umbrella strollers to large, elegant looking coach built prams made by companies like Silver Cross and Inglesina. Do you have an ebay link you could share? If it's truly a baby stroller you mean, are you of a build to be able to fit in one? I have been up to a 32" waist and nearly 150 lbs. and could still fit comfortably in most baby strollers. So, if you are that size/weight or smaller, you should have no problem getting into one. Just make sure it has a strong enough chassis to hold your weight. Most larger ones hold heavier weights with no problem, but some of the smaller umbrella or cheaply made plastic-y models could break under teen or adult weight.

~Pramrider
    Newbies don't realize we have a resident expert in all manner of baby mobility and ambulators. It's time you were honored and acknowledged for your expertise. I will suggest for next year that we have a category for this in the Annual ADISC Member Awards.

Heres a buggy I just found on my local Craigslist, thought you might like a look:

Well Pramrider, It's obvious that the OP was just a hack, barely able to construct a sentence and the not returning to the thread or responding to other posters inquiry's. This is my biggest peeve about most of the current forum entries, little depth or value in the threads. Yet I still come back after a couple days and find I have 1,483 unread posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    Newbies don't realize we have a resident expert in all manner of baby mobility and ambulators. It's time you were honored and acknowledged for your expertise. I will suggest for next year that we have a category for this in the Annual ADISC Member Awards.

Heres a buggy I just found on my local Craigslist, thought you might like a look:

Well Pramrider, It's obvious that the OP was just a hack, barely able to construct a sentence and the not returning to the thread or responding to other posters inquiry's. This is my biggest peeve about most of the current forum entries, little depth or value in the threads. Yet I still come back after a couple days and find I have 1,483 unread posts.
    Sounds good to me! Though to make it fair ADISC needs some additional contenders for the category. Wish there were more members into real baby gear items, though I can understand why there's a limited interest.

That buggy is a 1940s Taylor Tot just like the one I rode in as a child. They are very popular with stroller collectors and usually fetch a pretty good price on ebay. This one is very reasonably priced for it's condition. There's actually a site where you can buy replacement bumper rubber, decals, and other small parts for these strollers. One of these days I'll add one to my collection, though I doubt I could fit in one the way the metal seat enclosure is shaped.

Yeah, I kind of had a feeling the OP wouldn't be back to add any substance to his original post. I don't get a chance to come on as often as I used to myself and have long given up trying to catch up on missed posts. I was really surprised to see another post on this thread after being away for several days.

~Pramrider

YAY!!! Nice to have some company! Do you have any baby gear items in your AB stash? I see you're the same age as I am. How long have you liked baby gear stuff?

~Pramrider

I don't have any actual items--just some fun pics. I've liked 'em ever since I can remember. Send me a private message if you'd like to compare notes further about this interest. I'd enjoy that.