Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-4s or 24-7

Default M-4s or 24-7

I just bought a package of 24-7s, and a case of M4s first time. Have been using Molys. Wondering what works better?
    As I was checking the diapers out my wife came in and checked them out also. She is picking the M4s, because she thought the 24s were stinky. I could not smell either. Does anyone make a good diaper that smell good? She always uses powder when diapering me, and she always comments when I get into bed. The powder cloud overcomes her area, but thats not really what she was talkin about. She said like baby diaper smell, and I don't happen to recall that smell. Anybody help me out with this?? Thanks

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by honker View Post
    The powder cloud overcomes her area,
    LOL, I've never heard it referred to as that before, LOL

As I was checking the diapers out my wife came in and checked them out also. She is picking the M4s, because she thought the 24s were stinky.
    What I've sometimes done is take a gallon sized zip-lock freezer bag, and spray a baby scented air freshener into the bag. Then slide a diaper into the bag and zip it closed. In a day or two when you pull the diaper back out,, it has a nice light baby scent to it.

24/7's are a bit bigger from abena. A small is 24/7's old medium. You need to just try both and see what works. Both hold a ton but 247 has features abena dont and technically holds the most.

The SDK and Cushies diapers from ABUniverse can have baby scent added to them. SDK is my favorite diaper.

I just bought a package of 24-7s, and a case of M4s first time. Have been using Molys. Wondering what works better?
    As I was checking the diapers out my wife came in and checked them out also. She is picking the M4s, because she thought the 24s were stinky. I could not smell either. Does anyone make a good diaper that smell good? She always uses powder when diapering me, and she always comments when I get into bed. The powder cloud overcomes her area, but thats not really what she was talkin about. She said like baby diaper smell, and I don't happen to recall that smell. Anybody help me out with this?? Thanks
    Although I don't spend a lot of time sniffing my diapers before using them, I've used several of the premium brands now (Abena, Moli, Dry 24/7) and haven't noticed any significant scent to any of them. Although baby diapers do have a very distinctive smell (walk down any diaper isle and you'll know it), I don't think any adult diapers other than those made by ABU have any sort of scent. Like most of us, I use plenty of baby powder to achieve the nice, vanilla scent when I'm feeling babyish.

As for performance, I really think there's far too much comparison between the various premium brands. In general, once you're in a premium diaper (Molicare, Abena, Dry 24/7, Bambino etc.) I think the differences are much less about the actual absorbancy differences and much more about what just works for you. I wear Dry 24/7s as my preferred premium diaper and actually found Abena's to be the least comfortable/useable. But that's just me, you need to find what works for you and stick with that.

Tranquility ATNs are tho only ones that smell better, not babyish but some kind of oder control. M-4s are my #1 choice all around diaper and Molicares down around 4 or 5.

I'm not a fan of the moli's. The padding doesn't come up high at all and when wet the padding clumps all at the bottom.

I've been having problems with the abenas as of late. they all seem to have pinholes in them that cause the diaper to leak out of the backing. i think it may have been a bad batch but it's been very consistent as of late...

Quote Originally Posted by SEFawx View Post
    I've been having problems with the abenas as of late. they all seem to have pinholes in them that cause the diaper to leak out of the backing. i think it may have been a bad batch but it's been very consistent as of late...
    If you ordered from xp medical contact them about getting a replacement case sent out there usualy very good about it

I find both the M4's and 24's great all around products. I know there are some qualities over one another. I find that the M4's will absorb faster than 24's and don't seem to have as much oder. The 24's hold a ton and get nice and thick.. so.. meh.. personal preference.