Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Smart Start Wednesdays"

Default "Smart Start Wednesdays"

Well, at my school (I won't tell you what it is for security reasons) we have a completely muffed up schedule. Mondays and Fridays we go at a normal time, 8:00-3:03 with a normal schedule of only class periods. That's perfectly fine in my opinion.

Tuesdays and Thursdays, however, we still go from 8:00-3:03. But we have what's called "Warrior Time," where we sit down, do our homework, read, or do anything else that we need to get done. Basically, it's homeroom, but the school administration says that it's "nothing like homeroom." WTF ever. All it does is mess up our schedules from a 70 minute class period to a 61 minute class period, and hold us back from lunch for an hour. Thanks ------- High School.

Wednesdays (my personal "favorite" *sarcasm*), we go half an hour late. Meaning we start school at 8:30, then leave at 3:03. Completely confusing, because when you wake up, you're not thinking about what day it is, you're thinking about "Is the day over, yet?" My sister and I will stand outside for ten minutes (our bus comes in five minutes, normally) before we realize "Damn, it's Wednesday!" Then we'll walk back into our house, completely pissed off, and our mother will look at us and say "Why the hell are you in here? You're going to miss the bus!"

It's Wednesday, Mom.

My reason for posting this is not only to rant about my inept school administrators, but to ask if anyone else has a muffed up schedule like mine. If you do, what are your opinions on this?

Wow. That is messed up.

I'd love to have a one on one with whoever came up with that. Let them go through the theory and justification about why its a good idea........ then tear them a new one and leave them crying. From a financial perspective, the person(s) who thought this up obviously don't have enough to do. Fire them and save the taxpayers some money.

For a while my work schedule was sort of similar: Tuesday and Thursday 1700-0200, Wednesday1300-2300, Friday and Saturday 2300-0700.

my school celebrates the weekly POETS day. we go into school on a friday regular but leave 15 minutes early.

My university schedule is weirder but then again...

1. I more or less picked it myself and
    2. Every university student ends up with a messed up schedule

In HS we had a very regular schedule (15 minutes of home period, 3 1h periods, lunch hour, 2 1h periods) so at least that aspect wasn't bad. What was messed up was messed up was our lunch hour (IIRC we had 2 classes before lunch and 3 after when I was in 12th grade, meaning that we had lunch at 11. That was a nice inovation -_-).

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    2. Every university student ends up with a messed up schedule
    Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays I have nothing in the morning so can sleep in late. Tuesdays and Fridays I have 9 am lectures, getting up for those is hell particularly as my room is freezing cold and I know that when I take my footies off I'm going to freeze for a few minutes. It's not nice

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays I have nothing in the morning so can sleep in late. Tuesdays and Fridays I have 9 am lectures, getting up for those is hell particularly as my room is freezing cold and I know that when I take my footies off I'm going to freeze for a few minutes. It's not nice
    I can totally beat that: last year I had a semester where I had the mother of all Wednesdays: lectures from 9:30 to 12:30, (brutally difficult) lab from 14:30 to 17:30 and lecture from 18:00 to 21:00. End to end, it was a 11 and a half hour day.

At least all I had the next day was a single 90 minute lecture... though it was for (by far) my hardest class: modern physics.

My school's schedule depends on the kind of day it is, not the day of the week. We have a basic nine forty minute periods set up, but if it's a Mass Assembly schedule, we have only 31 minutes per class. If it's Homeroom Meeting schedule, we have 38 minute periods, and if it's a Morning Assembly or Afternoon Assembly schedule, we have 34 minute periods. So if it's any day but a regular schedule day, we get less class time ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I can totally beat that: last year I had a semester where I had the mother of all Wednesdays: lectures from 9:30 to 12:30, (brutally difficult) lab from 14:30 to 17:30 and lecture from 18:00 to 21:00. End to end, it was a 11 and a half hour day.

At least all I had the next day was a single 90 minute lecture... though it was for (by far) my hardest class: modern physics.
    8 am lectures Wednesday and Thursday first semester last year, beat that

TheDj

Well I don't have a muffed up schedule but I have up stairs and down stairs an lunch detentions do forgetting a pencil.... The fother mucker who made this up is a new principal