Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member from England

Default New member from England

Hi there, I'm from England, UK and I'm in my mid-twenties. I'm currently studying music technology at university and most of my hobbies revolve around music in one way or another. I like going to gigs and big music festivals in the Summer such as V Festival and Glastonbury, other than that I'm usually very busy studying.

As a child I was slow with potty training, wet the bed quite often and had quite a few accidents during the daytime. I'm not sure exactly when this got better but it must have been around age 7 although the problem never went away completely. This stayed more or less the same with a good few accidents each year until about two years ago when I started having problems at night again - this came after a particulary rough patch where a lot of things in my life went horribly wrong. I started to wear nappies (diapers - Abena X-Plus) again at night and have done so most nights now for about two years. My daytime control is not what it once was since all of this but I can usually get to the toilet on time - mostly. None of my friends know about my problem and I don't intend for them to ever find out.

Other than that I'm keen to go out and have fun and when I can afford it and have the spare time I love to go out with my mates and have a good drink, sometimes for the entire weekend - I know it's naughty but hey, thats what I like to do! Ideally, I'd love to hear from people who are into music, mixing or similar stuff who are generally quite outgoing and confident. Having said that though, I'm happy to talk with anybody.

I hope everybody is well,

Cheers,

James

Scootalooo

Welcome to ADISC James dude, hope you have fun here.

What's your faverite

Food...?

Colour....?

song....?

Hey there Alvin,

I hope I have some fun here too! Thanks

My favourite food is pizza, my favourite colour is psydhedelic multi (like my profie pic!), and my favourite song at the moment is The Chain by Fleetwood Mac, how abouts yourself mate? What are your favourite food, colour and song?

Welcome to Adisc James. Nice to meet some more newbies from the UK ^^

Cheers LittleNaruto, it's great to see people from the UK on here as well. I've been on a few other sites in the past and I've found them to be relatively inactive and full of pervs :/ So you're from London then? Do you mind me asking whereabouts from? I lived there for almost 3 years and I visit quite regularly. I still have some very good friends wown there. I have lived in Central, East and West

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian85 View Post
    Cheers LittleNaruto, it's great to see people from the UK on here as well. I've been on a few other sites in the past and I've found them to be relatively inactive and full of pervs :/ So you're from London then? Do you mind me asking whereabouts from? I lived there for almost 3 years and I visit quite regularly. I still have some very good friends wown there. I have lived in Central, East and West
    Hey, i'm not actually in London but pretty much next to it. Just north east of greater London ^^

Supersam1223

Hi, welcome to the site!

What music genres do you listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleNaruto View Post
    Hey, i'm not actually in London but pretty much next to it. Just north east of greater London ^^
    Oh ok, I imagine you go there fairly often. I would defo go there more often if I lived closer and/or the trains were cheaper I love that place, so full of life! I really miss it too. Living in London was a really special time for me

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian85 View Post
    Hi there, I'm from England, UK and I'm in my mid-twenties. I'm currently studying music technology at university and most of my hobbies revolve around music in one way or another. I like going to gigs and big music festivals in the Summer such as V Festival and Glastonbury, other than that I'm usually very busy studying.
    I assume you play an instrument yourself as well? Have you been to Glastonbury this year?

Quote Originally Posted by supersam1223 View Post
    Hi, welcome to the site!

What music genres do you listen to?
    Hi there supersam1223, like most peoples answer to this question I listen to all kinds! But thats a bit of a boring answer so I'll tell you a few of my favourites - as you may have seen above, I listen to Fleetwood Mac, I also love The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zep, The Floyd, Dylan, Radiohead, Leftfield, The Orb, Bob Marley, Neil Yound, Crosby Stills & Nash, dub reggae, even the odd bit of dancehall in the right place at the right time!

How abouts yourself? Are you into any of the same music I'm into? Also I play guitar - well not really, just a few covers - nothing of my own as I'm not that good :/ Do you play any instruments?

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelionwine View Post
    I assume you play an instrument yourself as well? Have you been to Glastonbury this year?
    Hello Dandelionwine I play a bit of guitar and bass, but not much... I basically know how to play a few covers and thats about it. I never really got to that creative stage you know? As for Glastonbury I was there this year for the fifth time I had an amazing time but it wasn't the best of my weekends there in terms of the line up... my favourite was 2009 - it was as if the line up and schedule were designed with me in mind - I doubt they will ever top that again but still, I have the memories.

So do you play anything I'm guessing you do? And have you been to the heaven on earth that is Glastonbury??

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Wow, I'm really impressed with the activity on here. Thanks to everybody who has welcomed me so far. You've made me very happy and I can now see myself being here for a long time