Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips? (buying)

Default Tips? (buying)

Any tips anyone on buying from your first time personal experience

If you can get to one, try a medical supply store:
    - They won't look twice at you buying diapers - they specialize in that sort of thing!
    - Less chance of running into someone you know
    - Better brands, and usually more selection

If can't get to a med supply store, then just act natural, *don't* just grab the first package you see and hurry to the register. Take a minute to make sure you got the right ones. It would suck to go through all that, get home and find you bought the wrong kind or size. When I bought from the regular stores, I would always drive/bus to one in the other end of the city...just to be safe.

And Ranger, I thought buying diapers *was* normal :p

EmeraldsAndLime

The person behind the counter does not care what you are buying.

They just want to finish their shift with as little hassle as possible and go home. So they may think something of it, but they definitely won't say anything and will probably forget 10 minutes later.

Equus

Heh, I haven't bought any yet but when I do it's going to be online with a money order or paypal. No need to worry about the lady at the checkout eyeballing ya, cause the checkout lady is DIGITAL!

But yeah like everyone else has said just act calm, they don't care and why should they?

Lukie and Andysetra are right. But for your first time go with Andysetra's idea. (I myself recommended this loudly and at length on the old forums. Take my word for it.) The staff are used to embarrassed people and will treat you with discretion and sympathy. They will also sell you sample packs from open stock. They won't ask prying questions (though they may thrust paperwork at you if you claim it is to do with something medical; some countries/employers have plans to cover chronic medical conditions that people don't know about; med supply shops love to be your supplier and be repaid by those plans.) Plus they carry

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/youthproducts/images/plasticpants.gif

^.^

Quote Originally Posted by andysetra View Post

If can't get to a med supply store, then just act natural, *don't* just grab the first package you see and hurry to the register. Take a minute to make sure you got the right ones. It would suck to go through all that, get home and find you bought the wrong kind or size.
    Go me. XD I once got home from buying to find I had picked up the smallest size there was. Baby ones by the way, because all the medical stores I know are in busy shopping centres. =\

I think if you just want a pack of diapers and you don't care about the name on the package, go to walmart and go thru the self checkout line.

If your buying baby diapers, go to the baby department, but the other diapers are in the drug store section, the Assurance diapers aren't that bad for a cheap diaper, and when you find the size you want tear a little hole in the pack your taking, alot of those assurance diapers are plastic backed, you will be able to feel the plastic.

I think most older folks wear large, I myself wear a medium, and the last few times I got diapers at walmart they were plastic backed, also why you are there pick up a pack of Tena guards, and look at the side of the pack and get the most absorbant ones, they come in packs of 72, 48, and a smaller pack, poke some holes in the back of those and put them in the diaper, near the front, don't put them back too far because when you sit it will flood the diaper with the urine squeezing out.

Good Luck, and get some diapers and enjoy yourself already....

thank you, getting them this thursday if my nerves are willing enough

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by glassyeyedbb View Post
    thank you, getting them this thursday if my nerves are willing enough
    You just have to do it really fast and not think about it too much, if you over think while you are buying them you will get too scared and choke up. Just think of how good you will feel afterwards, its the greatest feeling, and if you can do selfcheck out, do it good luck.

FullMetal