Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Measuring Waist Length

Countdown

Default Measuring Waist Length

I want to figure out the length of my waist. I have this plastic ruler that is very flexible and can bend very well without breaking, so I think that might be good to use in measuring my waist. But I can't figure out where the waist is. Where is the waist line? *feels stupid* :P

Below your belly button, and above the top of your pubic hair. About halfway between these two points is your waist (lower half of belly button, top of pubic hair).

Enjoy.

You can use you plastic ruler, just measure with a peice of string and put it on the ruler.

use the metal tape measure or if u have the rope tape measure thats more specific...but ya if anything use a string and then wrap it around your waist then measure it with your ruler, putting the ruler around your waist can throw you off a couple inches cause of how thick it is...

Guys, he doesn't need help with what to measure...He needs to know the location of his "waist"

But using a string is much easier if you don't have the proper body measurement rulers. Also someone already told him how.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    But using a string is much easier if you don't have the proper body measurement rulers. Also someone already told him how.

Just like someone suggested the string method >__>

I thought the anatomical waist was at your belly button?

Most people, americans especially, wear their pants at the hips, which are several inches further around than the waist in most people. If you are measuring for a diaper, measure a little south of your belly button.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaultin View Post
    I thought the anatomical waist was at your belly button?

Most people, americans especially, wear their pants at the hips, which are several inches further around than the waist in most people. If you are measuring for a diaper, measure a little south of your belly button.
    What do you mean at their hips? I don't exactly know where I'm wearing mine, but I thought that it was my waist =/, maybe not, wait do you mean hips as in down far like the "gangstas" wear them?

EmeraldsAndLime

I normally measure on the level around where my hip bones stick out on my sides, as that's the widest part of that area for me. I figure if a diaper will fit around my hips, it'll fit the rest of that area.