Thread: Wore a Fursuit for the First Time

Default Wore a Fursuit for the First Time

It was... weird to tell the truth. Those heads are REALLY hard to see out of it, but I guess it didn't help it was for a halloween event and there were people constantly shining flashlights in my eyes... but I definitely do want one now ^_^

It's an amazing feeling when you first put on your suit.

But if you want hard to see, go to a dance at a furry con wearing a fursuit. It is impossible to tell whats going on around you half the time and hotel lighting sucks.

If you get a suit in time and still have money left over, you should go to MFF

I love the first time I put on a fursuit.
    It was a lot of fun but so strange to walk around.
    Have to be so careful. More so with wings.

I also danced in suit at a con dance. Loved it tho was very hard to see in a low lit room.

I often thought that extreme makeup and fur attached to the face would be so much better than a head. I've always been impressed with what Broadway did for the musical "Cats". When I wrote "Werewolf" for Halloween last year, I had my characters using a facial latex overlay, the fur attached to the latex. Of course, in the story, the old woman who made them was Native American and she performed a ritual. It wasn't long before the suit wearers noticed a change.

There are extreme furries who have had their faces tattooed to permanently create their animal persona. That's dedication!

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    It's an amazing feeling when you first put on your suit.

But if you want hard to see, go to a dance at a furry con wearing a fursuit. It is impossible to tell whats going on around you half the time and hotel lighting sucks.

If you get a suit in time and still have money left over, you should go to MFF
    Agh, I totally would, but i don't even have the money for a suit... and I'm WAY to young for my parents to let me go to a convention alone, and I'd rather NOT tell them I'm a furry.(Way to young being 16...)

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post

There are extreme furries who have had their faces tattooed to permanently create their animal persona. That's dedication!
    That... sounds absolutely fucking ridiculous not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam117 View Post
    That... sounds absolutely fucking ridiculous not gonna lie.
    I know...haha. I was going to add that, but I didn't want to offend anyone. But yeah, there's no taking that other than expensive and painful lazer. One would have to seriously wonder if someone who did that was sane?

*chuckles*
    No one here has seen "Stalking Cat" then ?
    He has stripes on his face, an altered/split top lip, whiskers through his top lip and he wants to have a fur graft done.

He's actually pretty cool, if a little extreme, but then again he'd be classed as otherkin rather than furry. Most furries tend to think of themselves as pretending to be a chosen animal. Otherkin believe that they ARE the spirit of an animal, crammed into a human body by mistake. Cat just altered his body to closer match what and who he feels he truly is. In a similar way to how a lot of transgendered people alter their bodies to match the gender they feel they are