Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Incestuous Relationships

  1. #1

    Default Incestuous Relationships

    A post I recently read on here, involving two cousins cuddling, as well as a recent article I read in a mainstream paper (exposing an incestuous couple) got me thinking. I didn't wan't to start a debate in the other thread, as it wasn't really appropriate, so I thought I'd raise the question here.

    Before I do, however, I just wan't to state that I am not pro incest, in any form or shape, but that I am merely playing devils advocate.

    What are everyone's views on incest. For the sake of this thread, I am limiting the discussion to incest between people of an age where they are legally able to consent , and am also not including parent and child relationships, unless the parent has not had prior contact, or brought that child up.

    Do you think incest is wrong, and if so why ? Do you think government has a right to dictate what relationships, sexual or otherwise, consenting adults can have ?

    What are your views ?

  2. #2

    Default

    Well reproducing within your own family's bloodlines can seemingly easily create problems for the offspring, from what I hear. Anyways I heard my uncle married his cousin. They got divorced but had no kid's together. I did not even know this until last year when my mom told me. Knowing this it makes my AB/DL stuff seem tame.

    However when I was young, before puberty I did have a crush on at least one cousin. I guess a primary reason for that is they were really the only girls I really knew at the time. After a while later I started to have crushes in grade school.

  3. #3

    Default

    I kind of touched on this - or at least some of the replies did - here > http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...ling-love.html <

    I certainly disagree that governments have the right to dictate happens between consenting adults - and also believe that you cannot help who you fall in love with.

    But...

    There are many, many problems in incestuous relationships - not least for the genepool. I think it should be something considered similar to a fetish - not illegal but socially frowned-upon.

  4. #4

    Default

    Cousin marriage isn't classed as illegal incest, and was quite common until the 20th century. Children from cousin marriages do have a higher risk of genetic diseases though, and if it's a pattern that's repeated that kind of in-breeding can cause serious health problems later on.

    I have some cute cousins but they're both a good bit older than me; one of them is married with kids and the other is probably a lesbian (although we don't know that for sure) so my chances aren't much *sigh* :-p

    Having a child through incest is wrong, because of the health problems you WILL be giving the child, and incestuous sex (even if consensual and loving) is probably best avoided due to the possibility of accidental pregnancy, if it is consensual and private I have a hard time thinking that it's morally wrong, even if it is disgusting and probably should be illegal. Even without it being strictly immoral I think it's appropriate that it is illegal, because the number of consensual incest acts that are punished it probably vanishingly small, esp. compared with the non-consenting incest that is deterred and punished by it.

    ---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post

    There are many, many problems in incestuous relationships - not least for the genepool. I think it should be something considered similar to a fetish - not illegal but socially frowned-upon.
    off-topic, but why do you think fetishes are something that should be frowned upon? Stigmatising incest serves are useful purpose, what purpose does stigmatising kinks and fetishes serve? I agree that there will always (in any foreseeable future) be a measure of stigma about fetishes, but that's not the same as saying they should be stigmatised which is what you said....

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    off-topic, but why do you think fetishes are something that should be frowned upon? Stigmatising incest serves are useful purpose, what purpose does stigmatising kinks and fetishes serve? I agree that there will always (in any foreseeable future) be a measure of stigma about fetishes, but that's not the same as saying they should be stigmatised which is what you said....
    I didn't quite say they should be stigmatised, but I accept I could have been clearer.
    As you say, there will always be stigma attached to kinks and fetishes - some have been, and will be, accepted or understood and I feel it's unfair to classify incest as illegal. It should be left as a choice for people to make of their own accord, at a level where it probably would be stigmatised.

    Ultimately, we are never going to achieve 100% acceptance for anything.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    Having a child through incest is wrong, because of the health problems you WILL be giving the child,
    Health problems aren't guaranteed though. As I understand it, the closer the relation, the higher the liklihood of genetic problems with the offspring. However, there is not a 100% certainty that there will be a deformity or genetic problem. If a person in a non incestuous relationship, had a gene disorder, and there was a 50% chance that having children would mean that they would pass that on, should we, by law, prevent them from having children ? However, I don't believe that societies problem or stigmatisation of incest is a result of the possible genetic problems. What if a sterile woman wanted to marry and have sex with her brother ? Still illegal....



    Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    and incestuous sex (even if consensual and loving) is probably best avoided due to the possibility of accidental pregnancy,
    But non incestuous relationships are just as likely to result in an accidental pregnancy.




    Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    if it is consensual and private I have a hard time thinking that it's morally wrong, even if it is disgusting and probably should be illegal. Even without it being strictly immoral I think it's appropriate that it is illegal, because the number of consensual incest acts that are punished it probably vanishingly small, esp. compared with the non-consenting incest that is deterred and punished by it.
    any non consenting sexual act is wrong and should be punished, regardless of whether it is a incestuous one. Lets look at consensual incest alone, as otherwise it's just rape, and there's surely no argument or justification for that.



    However my question foreveryone, is why do you consider it morally wrong, or 'gross' ? do you think it should be illegal ?

  7. #7

    Default

    I think that two people capable of giving informed consent should be able to do whatever they want in their home or between the sheets. If that's incest, then so be it. Is that gross? Perhaps, to some people. But a lot of people think two guys having sex is gross, is that a good reason to outlaw homosexuality? I don't think so.

    As for birth defects, yes, people who reproduce and have high genetic proximity are at increased risk for genetic issues in their children. However, people with Huntington's Disease have a 50/50 chance of passing the disease on to any of their children. Is it wrong for Huntington's Disease sufferers to have children?

  8. #8

    Default

    I remember when I was a little kid, I used to say I wanted to marry my cousin! (Make Southern jokes at your own risk.) But obviously now, I know that isn't right. Like others have said, for those of us who want children, it's better to avoid incestuous relationships, even if it's just consensual love-making, since things can lead to another, and all. The fact that you're directly related to them by blood, and that cases for genetic disorders among incest couples' offspring are skyrocketed when compared to non-incestuous. So pretty much, my answer is... WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    However when I was young, before puberty I did have a crush on at least one cousin. I guess a primary reason for that is they were really the only girls I really knew at the time. After a while later I started to have crushes in grade school.
    Westermarck imprinting- the psychological process that makes the thought of having sex with your mother icky- is diminished when the family member is one you see infrequently. The difference today is usually made up for by conditioning- we repeat to each other and ourselves that it's wrong to have sex with family members, cousins are family members, voila.

    ---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock918 View Post
    The fact that you're directly related to them by blood, and that cases for genetic disorders among incest couples' offspring are skyrocketed when compared to non-incestuous. So pretty much, my answer is... WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?
    Are you also against non-incestuous couples having children if there's a strong chance they pass on a genetic disorder?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Coodie View Post
    But non incestuous relationships are just as likely to result in an accidental pregnancy.
    Well yes, but the point is the consequences are worse for incestuous couples.



    any non consenting sexual act is wrong and should be punished, regardless of whether it is a incestuous one. Lets look at consensual incest alone, as otherwise it's just rape, and there's surely no argument or justification for that.
    Sorry if it wasn't clear: I think it's better that ALL kinds of incest are illegal, even if they are consensual, because offering a defence of consent may be exploited in incest-rape cases to allow criminals to escape punishment - think of all the controversies in rape trials about proving consent/non-consent.


    However my question foreveryone, is why do you consider it morally wrong, or 'gross' ? do you think it should be illegal ?
    Morally wrong - no, gross - yes, illegal - yes.

Similar Threads

  1. Relationships
    By BugaBoo98966 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29-Jun-2010, 21:54
  2. Look for relationships? (How to go about it?)
    By mizzycub in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-May-2010, 14:28
  3. Relationships and Taboo?
    By diaperedteenager in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24-Mar-2009, 07:42
  4. Relationships
    By redtails in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 17-Feb-2008, 18:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.