Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever tried to talk to a psychotherapist?

Default Has anyone ever tried to talk to a psychotherapist?

I was wondering if anybody has ever talked to a psychotherapist, to find an answer how to get rid of the desire. It's difficult not to want something you actually want...

Hey Mantilla,

I must admit, I've never talked to one before about my diaper fetish, and to be honest, I'm not intending to either. To me my fetish it just what it is: a fetish (with some added benefits) - no more, no less. I'm not hurting myself or any other people in any way, it's not illegal either. I also have a fetish for rubber, soccer shorts and some other things. Of course, the fetish we have is not mainstream and will probably never will be, but that's OK for me.

I would, however, like to ask you: why do you want to get rid of it? Is it because you are ashamed of yourself, did other people found out and responded in a very negative way or do you just find it disturbing?

When I found out I liked diapers (and actually using them) and plastic pants the first time I thought I was the only one and that I was weird. I still have these feelings every now and again, but I have (more or less) accepted it as a part of who I am. At first I only had sexual feelings for them, but a couple of years ago I also bought a sleeper, onesies and even a pacifier (although I tend to use it rarely). It makes me feel relaxed wearing them, comfortable and safe.

That, to me is the most important thing, the sexual feelings that come along with it are a bonus.

I'm not trying to convince you that you should not talk to one or not giving up diapers. I'm only suggesting to find out for yourself why you like them and what it is doing to you (apart from maybe feeling ashamed). Maybe talking to a psychotherapist could help you discover this and maybe even accept that part of you... who knows

Good luck.....

Jay

WarrenW

Quote Originally Posted by Jay1965 View Post
    Hey Mantilla,

I must admit, I've never talked to one before about my diaper fetish, and to be honest, I'm not intending to either. To me my fetish it just what it is: a fetish (with some added benefits) - no more, no less. I'm not hurting myself or any other people in any way, it's not illegal either. I also have a fetish for rubber, soccer shorts and some other things. Of course, the fetish we have is not mainstream and will probably never will be, but that's OK for me.

I would, however, like to ask you: why do you want to get rid of it? Is it because you are ashamed of yourself, did other people found out and responded in a very negative way or do you just find it disturbing?

When I found out I liked diapers (and actually using them) and plastic pants the first time I thought I was the only one and that I was weird. I still have these feelings every now and again, but I have (more or less) accepted it as a part of who I am. At first I only had sexual feelings for them, but a couple of years ago I also bought a sleeper, onesies and even a pacifier (although I tend to use it rarely). It makes me feel relaxed wearing them, comfortable and safe.

That, to me is the most important thing, the sexual feelings that come along with it are a bonus.

I'm not trying to convince you that you should not talk to one or not giving up diapers. I'm only suggesting to find out for yourself why you like them and what it is doing to you (apart from maybe feeling ashamed). Maybe talking to a psychotherapist could help you discover this and maybe even accept that part of you... who knows

Good luck.....

Jay
    ditto

I think the whole thing effects my life in a negative way. It takes up too much space in my head. It's a stress to hide the thing from everybody. It makes relationships, sexuality and the normal life more difficult. It's an ungrateful desire to me, because it's just a bad feeling when I don't get to do it, but there's no such thing as satisfaction when I concede.

Quote Originally Posted by mantilla View Post
    I think the whole thing effects my life in a negative way. It takes up too much space in my head. It's a stress to hide the thing from everybody. It makes relationships, sexuality and the normal life more difficult. It's an ungrateful desire to me, because it's just a bad feeling when I don't get to do it, but there's no such thing as satisfaction when I concede.
    I used to think the same way now im embracing it I kno I cant get rid of it and had made my choice to wear 24/7 I have tried and tried to stop but its not possible after I found this site I just became content of who I am. It made me realize I shouldnt care what people think which now im glad I dont it has changed me for the better I would say!

In a way you are correct; it DOES influence your life in more than one way and makes it more difficult (although not impossible), BUT, part (if not most) of the stress which is there, is because you make it that.

I too had to deal with the issue of a relationship and diapers. Yes, there is that risk that the one you love doesn't accept that part of you and ends the relationship. But like I said before: it is part of who you are. You can try to hide it for a while, but it will pop-up everytime you least expect it to. My BF knows and accepts, because he realized it is a part of who and what I am

I'm not the therapist here, but of what I read in that short explanation, there is more than just diapers running around in your head. I would suggest that you try to find someone to talk to. Someone who can help you get on your way in helping to accept what and who you are (including all the dark bits that seem to reside in your head).

To explain a little about myself: I have had psychotherapy before and was diagnosed with a form of autism not too long ago. Before this diagnoses was made, none of the therapists came up with the idea to give a thorrough diagnose first, before starting treatment. The diaper fetish was never an issue, but my head felt (and still feels in a way) like it is full of cotton wool. This feeling drags quite a load along in its wake (among others my low self-esteem).

Your ungrateful desire sounds familiar in that aspect, "You Shoouldn't Have These Desires, Because You Don't Deserve It" (and I think you know the only place you hear that is inside your head_ .

Like I said, it sounds like there are more (unknown?) issues in your head other than diapers. Maybe try to find out and deal with them first.... The rest will follow.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay1965 View Post
    I too had to deal with the issue of a relationship and diapers. Yes, there is that risk that the one you love doesn't accept that part of you and ends the relationship. But like I said before: it is part of who you are. You can try to hide it for a while, but it will pop-up everytime you least expect it to.
    My last girlfriend knew about the dpr thing. She tolerated it and even included dprs in our sexual life every once in a while. However she didn't want it to become too dominating and I understand that. I have the impression that if you let yourself go too often, your fetish grows and you eventually start to have difficulties to enjoy the normal stuff. It's like putting fertilizer on weeds.

One of the reasons I don't wear 24/7: It stops being special. then it's like normal underwear. If you do it every now and then, it stays special. If you keep that positive point in mind, it helps get rid of the negative side.

Enjoy it!! I think your girlfriend understood: You are not the diapers, it's just a part of the whole picture....

I was wondering if anybody has ever talked to a psychotherapist, to find an answer how to get rid of the desire. ...
    I've come close to mentioning it to a shrink. That was before I found out the guy I was seeing was a bit flaky. But to answer your question, I did tell two professionals about it. One was the nurse at the shelter I'm at.

The motivation wasn't to get rid of my need for diapers. It was more or less because I wanted to talk to someone about it and to maybe deal with some of the other things that I felt were more damaging in my life. I figure if I can talk to someone about diapers and why I use them, everything else is down hill.

If you feel that your feelings for diapers are distracting you, then seeing an impartial third party (IE, not someone who loves diapers and is therefor biased) could be a good move for you. But one thing I should point out is that the psychologist cannot make the decision for you. They can give you some good advice, a few tools to maybe overcome your fetish or make it more managable, but they can't make you not do it in the end.

Like the joke says, "It only takes one psychologist to change a light bulb. But the light bulb has to want to change."

Also, you may have to do trial and error with many different professionals before you come to the one who is right for you. Appropriately enough you're from Austria, which is the birthplace of psychoanalysis as we know it. Freud would have had a field day with diaper lovers.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I have talked to several therapists about this and they haven't tried to 'cure' me. Mostly they have helped me deal with it rather than anything else. It has been helpful and is what has let me be able to talk with my partner about my enjoyment of diapers. It isn't that big of a deal if you have a good connection to the therapist.