Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Goings On

Darkfinn

Talking Recent Goings On

Hey all... this probably should have been a blog... I feel like sharing some things and noone ever reads or comments on blogs... so we'll discuss it here.

First off... I went to Wal-Mart yesterday for some typical household goods... while I was there I picked up a pack of their Assurance brand diapers. $9 for 20 in size medium... pretty cheap. After my experiences with other store brand diapers I figured these would be on the par with Depend and what-not. No such luck... These things are paper thin and not exactly what I'd call comfortable. The tapes don't stick very well at all and I've seen pullups that are more absorbant. I suppose they are better than wetting your pants... but not by much. I think Depends are actually of a higher quality... if that can be believed.

I checked the packaging... turns out the Assurances are made by Tyco healthcare products... the same people that make Kendall diapers for the medical specialty market. After doing some poking around online I believe that the Kendall Wings Classic is the exact same product. I suppose that these diapers would be acceptable if I was a young kid buying them for occasional use with my allowance money... but to actually have to rely on them... I'll pass, thanks. I wore two of them last night... and I guess the rest will be used as stuffers for other diapers. Honestly I should have expected as much... but what a dissapointment.

I also got a bottle from Wal-Mart... just b/c I've read a few threads about them on here. I swear this site turns DLs into ABs. It was just one of the cheap-o dollar ones... so I figured what the heck. I tried it... nothing... so I took my razor and made the hole in the nipple a bit bigger... still kinda dissapointing. So I let LuvsGurl try it... and ofcourse she's a freakin natural with it. She looks so absolutely hot all diapered up and sucking on it... I could just ... well, I'll leave out the descriptions.

Secondly... through hard work and a bit of luck I have managed to score LuvsGurl & I two VIP tickets to the Stone Temple Pilots concert which occurs this Sunday!!! Apparently I ship out so much stuff via FedEx from work that the local Customer Care rep decided to show his appreciaction and got tickets for myself, our FedEx Ground driver, and our wives/girlfriends. I'm not a huge STP fan... but I know who they are and I like their music... so I'm pretty excited. I've been to a few concerts before... but it's always been lawn seats... never the high-dollar stuff. Apparently VIP parking, food, and drink are included with the package.

This concert will also allow me to enjoy one of the finer points of being in diapers... no waiting in line for public restrooms or smelly porta-johns. Why leave your seat when you don't have to. I'll just slip on a fresh Dry 24/7 before the show... and rock on all night... heheheh.

So... questions... comments... hate me?
    Let's hear it!

The assurance are OK if you stuff them, and use duct tape on the lower tabs, I have no problem with them, from my experience with them I like them, I'm not paying 2 bucks for something I'm going to throw away.

If you are wasting 2 bucks on a diaper thats way to much for me, I like my fetish but I'm not paying 60+ dollars a month for it.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    If you are wasting 2 bucks on a diaper thats way to much for me, I like my fetish but I'm not paying 60+ dollars a month for it.
    To each their own...

If I'm going to be peeing in it and going out in public I want only the best. I will agree that $2 per diaper is a bit rediculous. I try to draw the line somewhere around $1. Ofcourse in my experience a $1 diaper is probably 3 times as good as a $0.50 one. So I figure I'm actually saving money that way.

I guess therein lies the difference between those of us who consider this a fetish and those of us who consider it a lifestyle. My gf & I spend over $200 a month on diapers... but I figure everyone's gotta have a habit of some sort. I'm glad I don't smoke... I could never afford both.

Wearing an Assurance now, not sure it will make it to mourning though. $8.49 for 20 at my local wally world their not a bad buy for store brands. With the plastic cover I think they hold more than the CVS/Walgreens and the tapes don't pull off the back.

If only the stores sold the good ones!

Hoping you and Luvsgirl enjoy the concert!

Nam

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    but to actually have to rely on them... I'll pass, thanks.
    Umm, you do?

Sorry, but wearing out of choice =/= having to rely on them.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Umm, you do?

Sorry, but wearing out of choice =/= having to rely on them.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Lulz

I thought the Assurances were supposed to be good? Just heard that in 2 or 3 other threads is all.
    We almost went to get some today actually, but we spent too much at Starbucks XD

Is there a recent thread comparing the best store brands? *Will look herself, but I can never seem to find what I need*

Sidenote: I had 2 or 3 friends who went to a STP concert last year, and they went for a diff band, and LOVED them. Said they rocked on stage! Have fun!

i have two comments on your story, none of which really have anything to do with your story at all.

your theory on this site turning dl's into tb's is defenitly true for me... just saying.

2nd, your stp consert finally made me understand a joke my dad has been telling me for a long time. we call our family friend stp, short for steve the painter, because he's a painter and the base guitarist in a band. so thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    The assurance are OK if you stuff them, and use duct tape on the lower tabs, I have no problem with them, from my experience with them I like them, I'm not paying 2 bucks for something I'm going to throw away.

i'm going to have to agree w/ Darkfinn on this one. Although I'm not 24/7 and do not spend nearly as much as him, i would much rather spend the money on quality products that are going to last.

Darkfinn, congrats on the concert tickets. Going to conerts is my favorite thing of all time, but 1/2 way through the night i always have to pee really bad! I've never had the courage to wear though when out with friends.