Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Size Large Bambinos,Abena X-Plus, or Secure X-Plus?

Default Size Large Bambinos,Abena X-Plus, or Secure X-Plus?

Hey everyone,

I have been using the Abena brand for quite some time now in size Extra. I am soon going to be looking for new diapers and was wondering from the people who have tried each of these brands which one is the thickest and most absorbant. I have heard that the Bambinos are similar in capacity to Abena, and the SEcure X-Plus are better? I just want to hear from others their experience before I make a neew purchase.

Also for the tapes which one performs well. I have had some issues with the tapes on the Abenas comming undone in the middle of the night when I really need them to perform the most (bedwetter). .

Thanks for all the replys!

Darkfinn

Hey there.

Both Secure X-plus and Bambino are the same diaper. The Bambinos just have baby prints on them and cost a heck of a lot more.

Secure & Bambino are comparable in absorbancy to Abena... I think Abena may absorb just a bit more.

If I may suggest... try the new Dry 24/7 Maximum Absorbancy diapers. (Dry 24/7) They are superior in absorbancy to the Abenas and are very comfortable. The manufacturer is currently having a sale where you can get a case of 72 diapers for $75 (yes, even the larges).

My gf & I both use these every day and have not been dissapointed by them. At the discounted price they are really a steal.

Any diaper if you just put a 3 to 4 inch peice of duct tape over the tapes, it will keep it where you put it, you can not readjust or it will tear the diaper, just make it extra tight.

Don't use packing tape it won't stay where you put it, I tried everything and quality duct tape works the best.

I've tried the Abena and the Secure ( wearing one now) and I think I like the Abena better.
    the Abena pad seems thicker, and overall I think it's more absorbent. I'm not in love with the fit of either of them, I wish the leg openings fit better (tighter).

The bambinos deff. hold a lot, but i'd say the Abena products edge them out by a little bit. Idk, Darkfinn swears by 24/7, i may need to give those a 2nd shot

Thanks for the replys everyone. I really didnt know that the Secures were the same as the Bambinos. Thanks for the heads up on that. I have been doing the good old fashioned trick with the duck tape. But I would rather not have to buy a roll of ducktape to go to bed at night if possible. Especially after paying so much for the diapers themselves. Guess I will get a sample of the bambinos, and the Dry 24/7 and try those before my Abena Extras run out and then make a descision on what to buy then.

Thanks Darkfinn for bringing to my attention the DRY24/7 briefs as I hadnt heard of them before this and will definately have to check them out.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by blues_clues_baby View Post
    Thanks Darkfinn for bringing to my attention the DRY24/7 briefs as I hadnt heard of them before this and will definately have to check them out.
    You are most welcome. I try to spread the word about these excellent new diapers whenever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by blues_clues_baby View Post
    Thanks for the replys everyone. I really didnt know that the Secures were the same as the Bambinos.
    Yep, ever since Secure started putting the stretchy fro0nt waist on about 6 months ago, they're essentially the same diaper (for $10 less a case).

As far as how Bambino/Secure X compare with Abena X Pluses, the Abenas might have a marginal edge in capacity. That said, the tapes on the Secures/Bambinos are immensely better, and the padding doesn't clump up and fall to the crotch like it does in the Abenas.

I switched from Abenas to Secure X-Plus a while ago, and for the much improved tapes alone, I wouldn't consider going back.

Also remember that G Hirsch, the parent company of Bambino and Secure, is ABDL aware and supportive, and is continually improving their products. Abena seems to only cheapen their product more with each revision, and they seem hell bent on sooner or later switching to an all cloth-covered line.

Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    and they seem hell bent on sooner or later switching to an all cloth-covered line.
    why is everyone switching to cloth cover?????
    gotta try the abeanas before its too late...

For incon people betagame. I am curious as to what their opinions are on the switch.