Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: waiting on the plumber.

BabyJayk

Default waiting on the plumber.

so I mentioned this in a comment somewhere a while ago but I decided it might require more explanation, plus I wanted to hear if anyone had any similar experiences.

So the toilet in my apartment is broken. (some of you will notice that my profile says IC on it and I will get this question out of the way now. I am mostly just a bedwetter and daytime accidents are infrequent if they happen at all)
    Anyway I spoke to my landlady about it and she said that because of my contract she has to find a plumber and will get back to me in a few day. DAYS!

Anyway I decided that that the most prudent course of action at the time was to wear constantly. Given that fact that the nearest toilet I would have access to at all times would be at the gym 5 min drive away from my house.

Questions, comments, similar experiences?

youngbear9

Lol cool that sounds like a dream. Im stuck in my parents for another like 6 years so i cant say ive had any similar experiences... let us know how it goes!

First of all, I think that's a load of crap (some pun intended). She should at least be expected to act quite promptly on the issue at hand; and a few days is not only NOT prompt, but it's actually quite vague.

Other than that, your situation is somewhat fortunate; but you're gonna learn real quick what a drag doing all that changing is. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayk View Post
    Anyway I decided that that the most prudent course of action at the time was to wear constantly. Given that fact that the nearest toilet I would have access to at all times would be at the gym 5 min drive away from my house.

Questions, comments, similar experiences?
    Actually, the most prudent course of action would be to call City Hall and inform them that your landlady is refusing to fix your toilet in a timely fashion, which is a major, major, major building code violation, and they will happily jam a regulatory stick up her ass to get her motivated to remedy the situation.

BabyJayk

Really? I didn't know.

Apparently there is something in the contract about only being able to use one repair service. (I thinks she is probably related to the guy)

Well I'd listen to the advice of the guys before, but it does present a fun situation. Just be sure she gets on that because a fun few days can turn into a troublesome week.

Don't take my word for it...however, I believe that you can hire a plumber now...and be reimbursed (deducted from the next rent)...you must get a receipt, and it probably needs to be a licensed/bonded professional...AND...get 3 estimates, and choose one of the two less expensive. They may be contracted with a service...but I don't see how you can be obligated to it also...and there has to be considerations for dire need, health, hardship etc.

I am similar in my IC, but daytime happens fairly often at times...

You could pee in the sink if you had to....but I am quite adverse to messing myself...though it does occasionally happen (stupid IBS!)

best of luck to you!

-Marka

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Actually, they will happily jam a regulatory stick up her ass to get her motivated to remedy the situation.
    ROFL!! ROFL!!! FTW!!! OMG, I actually laughed out loud when I read that statement!

Northpolesantaguy

Back during hurricans irene we lost power for 5-6 days and my water for toilets and showers comes from a electic pumping well- i used diapers and to stay clean showered at my local sports complex that had a generator

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Don't take my word for it...however, I believe that you can hire a plumber now...and be reimbursed (deducted from the next rent)...you must get a receipt, and it probably needs to be a licensed/bonded professional...AND...get 3 estimates, and choose one of the two less expensive. They may be contracted with a service...but I don't see how you can be obligated to it also...and there has to be considerations for dire need, health, hardship etc.

I am similar in my IC, but daytime happens fairly often at times...

You could pee in the sink if you had to....but I am quite adverse to messing myself...though it does occasionally happen (stupid IBS!)

best of luck to you!

-Marka
    I really don't like messing either. I could hire a plumber but it is a violation of my lease to hire anyone or do anything to the apartment without going through my landlady (who is a tremendous bitch and would kick me out if she found out) I am going to call the city hall about this if its not fixed by tomorrow.