Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to expect from the urologist

Default what to expect from the urologist

well i had to go for a prostate check becasuse of leaking and wetting the bed my doctor refured me to a urologist i am wearing now for a week strait and absoulty love it. i have an excuse but i dont want to stop wearing. im just wondering what the urologist is going to do will he keep me in diapers or do somthing else. any help would be awsome

Quote Originally Posted by crazymb View Post
    well i had to go for a prostate check becasuse of leaking and wetting the bed my doctor refured me to a urologist i am wearing now for a week strait and absoulty love it. i have an excuse but i dont want to stop wearing. im just wondering what the urologist is going to do will he keep me in diapers or do somthing else. any help would be awsome
    To be honest i wouldnt kno but i would say probably meds

The Urologist would probably give you meds for bladder spasms, which I have, that can help with the problem. I have had to wear for several days because of bladder issues and it actually gets old fast. Having to wear as opposed to wanting to wear is different.

He won't want to keep you in diapers. He'll do something to treat the problem and may recommend that you keep wearing until the problems clears up but the end goal for them will be to stop the leaking so that you should eventually stop having to wear diapers. You may not want to stop wearing but your overall health should be more important than the desire to wear 24/7, ignoring/not treating this could lead to nasty complications/further problems down the line.

As others have said, the urologist will probably prescribe some medication and will likely also send you for a battery of tests. In my experience, many urologists think that wearing a diaper is a terrible fate and generally recommend that incontinent men wear an external catheter with a leg bag. You might want to try it. Although I definitely prefer a diaper, many incontinent men think that the catheter and leg bag systems are more comfortable and less hassle.

Anyway, good luck and let us know how things turn out.

i would much rather wear diapers than a bag around my leg since were i work i got to be real mobile and will they criticize you for wearing diapers and do they change you

Why would they change you? That is something you should be able to do for yourself.

I had to catheterize myself for over a month, and it was no fun. I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear a catheter bag. The big problem is urinary tract infections. I never got one, but the catheters had to be boiled so they were sterile. Wearing a diaper is a lot easier, though inconvenient. But catheterizing one's self is very inconvenient.

thats what i tought could a refuse to do the cat and just wear diapers

Yea I'm experiencing a similar problem, however my problem is that the medication I am currently on is causing me to retain urine which is causing lower back pain, some constipation, so this makes me retain water. I am currently taking a diuretic to battle the retintion, the problem now is that it hits me at once and if I hadn't been wearing to work the past couple of days I believe that I would have had an accident at work. I wet the bed last night at home now I am at my gfs tonight and I really hope it doesn't happen here :/ if it does I'm worried