Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Breaking Bad

Spoiler free.
    This is my mini review of Breaking Bad that I'm calling "Consider me Broken".

I've been very religious when it comes to the tv series, Breaking Bad on AMC network ever since the time my better half handed me the season one dvd when it just came out. After watching the first episode with him, I didn't want to stop. I told him more. NOW! It took one single episode to pull me in and claim my soul. I felt no different than a Tijuana hooker just trying to get her fix.

The series has heavy drug involvement and yet the show is a drug in itself. Ironic but oh so twisted. Of course it helps to have a solid cast of performers who come nothing short of sucking you into their reality. There is not one single person who fills like a "filler". Solid. Like a tank. This show refuses to expose any weak elements.

Now that I've given you my highest of praise and approval, allow me to continue.

After watching season one in a seven (short season due to testing reactions) episode marathon in a single afternoon/evening, we (yes my original instigator and I) couldn't wait for season two to start. This turned into a period stretched over four seasons with very long and absolutely torturing breaks between seasons. Simply put. The word Sunday no longer existed in our week, it's now known as "Breaking Bad day".

Fast forward years later and you'll find yourself arriving up to the highly anticipated season four (five seasons total confirmed) finale that aired last night. I didn't think it was possible to top what they have already done but after watching the finale I find myself forced to come to terms with the fact that I'm wrong. In the case of this though, I'm more than happy to admit it. Seventeen hours later I'm still recovering from shock and trying desperately to keep my jaw off the floor. I remember looking over at Mike (he has a name after all!) as we soaked it all in together and giving that knowing glance to each other. The ultimate sign of approval. Content in every way possible. I'm not even embarrassed to admit it but I found my eyes near ready to well up. Tears of joy if you will. NEVER has a freaking piece of television entertainment done that to me! Our final words still echo in my head...

"That was hands down the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my entire life".
    Last edited by statik; 10-Oct-2011 at 20:20.

I really enjoyed last nights episode. The IMDB board of Breaking Bad had a few people going on about how unrealistic the death of someone was by I found it to be awesome. I can hardly wait to see what Vince has up his sleeve for season 5, I just hope it has Saul Goldman and Mike back.

Either way season 4 was one of the best seasons yet.

I loved it. The death may have been somewhat unrealistic, but it had a brilliant element of comic relief to it. Walks out of room, straightens tie, his brain realizes that half of face has been blown off, falls over dead. I hope the next season is as good as this past season was.

Oh this is such an amazing show. One day at my school I presented it as a project on contemporary morality. After the class people asked me when it comes on.

The moment of irony before that death was amazing. I thought he didn't die for a sec lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    I loved it. The death may have been somewhat unrealistic, but it had a brilliant element of comic relief to it. Walks out of room, straightens tie, his brain realizes that half of face has been blown off, falls over dead. I hope the next season is as good as this past season was.
    Borrowed heavily from the end of Kill Bill Part 2, when Carradine stood up, brushed himself off, asked "How do I look?", then walked away and dropped dead.

Man I will definitely have to start watching it. I've been debating starting a need show series just because my mind would want to go see it in as little sittings as possible and right now I'm starting that midterms season again at uni. So that means either show or homework and I would much rather do homework.
    I just finished watching the show series WEEDS, which was awesome by the way, but didn't really like how the whole series just started going down hill as far as the plot is concerned.

My partner and I started watching Breaking Bad last year.. Got in late so we also "Marathoned" episodes.. Couldn't stop at just 1 or 2 some nights.. The first seasons cliff hanger was epic.. We had to start the next season (Altho we planned on trying to make season 2 last this time all knowing that we would catch up soon enough).

Season 3 simply got even better.

I kinda skimmed the rest of the thread and stoped reading after seeing (I quote statik)

I'm still recovering from shock and trying desperately to keep my jaw off the floor. I remember looking over at Mike (he has a name after all!)
    We have not seen the last 2 eps... So I think I've encountered a spoiler here.. but I'm gonna pretend I didnt read anything about Mike....

So happy there's a season 4...

IMHO, Breaking Bad is one of the best series I've seen in a long time. Altho, Warehouse 13 is giving it a good run for its money! We're upto Ep 11 season 2.

But yeah, once we have seen the last 2 eps, I'll read through the rest of the thread. I'm worried that I'll come across a major spoiler is all =^-^=

Quote Originally Posted by micahfolf View Post
    My partner and I started watching Breaking Bad last year.. Got in late so we also "Marathoned" episodes.. Couldn't stop at just 1 or 2 some nights.. The first seasons cliff hanger was epic.. We had to start the next season (Altho we planned on trying to make season 2 last this time all knowing that we would catch up soon enough).

Season 3 simply got even better.

I kinda skimmed the rest of the thread and stoped reading after seeing (I quote statik)

We have not seen the last 2 eps... So I think I've encountered a spoiler here.. but I'm gonna pretend I didnt read anything about Mike....

So happy there's a season 4...

IMHO, Breaking Bad is one of the best series I've seen in a long time. Altho, Warehouse 13 is giving it a good run for its money! We're upto Ep 11 season 2.

But yeah, once we have seen the last 2 eps, I'll read through the rest of the thread. I'm worried that I'll come across a major spoiler is all =^-^=
    "Mike" is my partner. No spoilers at all, I meant what I said at the very beginning. I would never do that to anyone. Feel free to read in completion with confidence I'm not some Harry Potter dick yelling "Snape kills ....."!

Actually. Don't read the comments from other people in this thread just yet. Some people are spoiling which is a damn shame.

OH.

I thought when I saw the name "Mike" i thought it was the character from Breaking Bad! lols.

Cheers for letting me know!

Season 5 is gonna be 16 episodes as it'll be the last and it's rumoured that german offshore company involved with shipping the meth lab will be the bad guy which could be cool, and highly likely some walt vs jessie will be going on with the whole jane and brock fiascos