Thread: Hi from the South

Default Hi from the South

After struggling with myself for a while, I now decided to say hi to you folks. Actually from the northern hemisphere, I ended up on a strange but lovely place called Australia a while ago where people drive constantly on the wrong side of the road (which is quiet dangerous), people say things like "G'day mate" and "No worries" all the time and most large animals jump around instead of walking or running. But I like it.

Anyway, to introduce myself a bit more, I'm interested in the stuff that goes on above in the skies and below the ground, but I also like whats in between. Further, I love watching movies (good ones), reading (but more technical stuff) and travelling around looking at what the world has to offer.

See you folks around.

Welcome! When you said The South, I thought you meant the southern United States. That said, Australia's better

So you gotta elaborate on the "in the skies and below the ground" bit. Are you talking like geologic and physical processes, or transport like planes, or what? Also, what do you consider good movies?

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Welcome! When you said The South, I thought you meant the southern United States. That said, Australia's better
    Thanks, mate. As far as I can see, the southernmost point of the US is about 24deg north, thats not really in the South. :-)

So you gotta elaborate on the "in the skies and below the ground" bit. Are you talking like geologic and physical processes, or transport like planes, or what?
    Yeah, it's rocks and stars (or sciences in general) as well as spaceflight.

Also, what do you consider good movies?
    What has this to do with my considerations? A movie is good if its good, by definition. :-)
    But let's take this one for instance: Click

Hey, sweet! I'm big into spaceflight stuff too myself. & Astronomy stuff too. I just got a pretty nice scope a few months back. I'd been wanting a "big" one for years. I was able to get a 14" one. You can see LOTS of stuff with it. LOL, everyone jokes that I got it to see one of my neighbors.

I was going to welcome you, but just seeing the name Chucky gives me nightmares from that evil doll in 'Childs Play' so i am just going to cower in the corner and rock back and forth for a minute.

(But Welcome anyway, :P)

Hey Welcome I'm new here myself and I think Australia is cool and I'm into science also

I too like good movies and good literature. I also like good music. What constitutes them as being good? I like them, of course. Welcome to the site.

Hi,

thanks to everyone to the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Hey, sweet! I'm big into spaceflight stuff too myself. & Astronomy stuff too. I just got a pretty nice scope a few months back. I'd been wanting a "big" one for years. I was able to get a 14" one. You can see LOTS of stuff with it. LOL, everyone jokes that I got it to see one of my neighbors.
    Congrats, mate. Mine is not even half the size. But anyway, opens the gate to a lot of interesting stuff. And when I think about that the light of the furthestmost object I observed was emitted roughly 1,999,999,940 years before the Peanuts were created, its really mindblowing.

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex
    I was going to welcome you, but just seeing the name Chucky gives me nightmares from that evil doll in 'Childs Play' so i am just going to cower in the corner and rock back and forth for a minute.
    ...writes the person with Stewie as his Avatar? :-) But think of the name as Peppermint Patty referring to Charlie Brown. In Australia you just have to add -y or -ie to most words/names, thats kind of a rule here.