Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are you an ab?

Default Why are you an ab?

Hi, im not asking how did you became an ab, im asking for the reason you think youre an ab...
    in my opinion theres a reason and a trigger =)

No idea.

Both parents? Check.
    Stability? Check.
    Love and attention? Check.
    Anything I ever wanted or needed? Check.
    Happy childhood? Check.

So no, I'm not sure what the 'trigger' was. Perhaps reading the following replies to this may jog my memory or spark a train of thought, though...

Locke

Coincidentally, i posted my story just a little bit before you made this post. I explain it better over there, but bassically I try and be really mature all the time and AB/DL is my release, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by danterenos View Post
    in my opinion theres a reason and a trigger =)
    Unfortunately, "opinions" are not worth much in situations like this. You need rigorous experimental data to conclude that there's some sort of "trigger" in every case (or even the majority of cases) of paraphilic infantilism, so you're not going to really get anything meaningful in this thread.

However, the few studies that have been done (not on infantilism, but on sexuality in general) have never indicated that nonstandard sexuality is caused by any sort of "trigger" - the causes are a complete mystery.

Not sure about all reasons. Maybe I never had a huge chance to be a kid when growing up.

I know when to be adult for things, I think its just my inner child that never got a chance, that finally can in this way.

I've always lived in stressful situations. It started when I was 7 but didn't realize it till I was a teen. I was abused as a kid growing up. Sense I've moved from the abuse, I've always lived in either substandard housing or was homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    No idea.

Both parents? Check.
    Stability? Check.
    Love and attention? Check.
    Anything I ever wanted or needed? Check.
    Happy childhood? Check.

So no, I'm not sure what the 'trigger' was. Perhaps reading the following replies to this may jog my memory or spark a train of thought, though...
    I'm in the same boat here, no home issues and my life has been pretty good so far. So I too have no clue as to what caused it. I did have some traumatic times with my many fears at a young age and being away from my mom when I first started school, but I'm pretty sure the desires started way before that (I have memories that I think are related that are from the year I finished potty training).

I'm pretty skeptical even of people who think they can trace a clear reason for this. Obviously, we're all free to think as we wish but I think these things are formed so early in us that we can't approach anything objective. It's not my only kink but it is the most enduring and potent. It seems to me that despite a very normal childhood, I was essentially primed to fixate on one or more things in this way but of course even that is subject to the biases I described above. Ultimately, I don't think it's that important. I don't spend a lot of time trying to figure out why I like the color blue or my favorite foods. Doubtless there are reasons but I think we lack the capacity to objectively determine them at this time and I'm not sure what benefit it would provide even if I did know for sure. Mysteries are okay.

I'm not convinced what set it off for me - I suspect it's always been there in some fashion.