Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abriform - what size?

Default Abriform - what size?

I think I'm finally ready to purchase my first pack of diapers. I've located an online store that sells Abriform in various sizes.

I've got an ~85cm (34in) waist and I'm male, so I'm thinking the medium (recommended 70-110cm).

The Plus has 26 to a pack ($1.61 ea, $42) , the super 24 ($1.16ea, $28), the extra 22 ($1.63 each, $36) and the X-plus 14 ($2 each, $28).

Interestingly, the super seems to be the best value despite being thicker than the plus. Before checking the prices carefully, I was intending to get the Plus, but I found that they cost about as much as the Extra. So I think the Extra looks like the best bet.

I've read a few other threads and the X-Plus seems to be well-liked. Is it that compelling over the Extras?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 36" waist and I buy the medium size. The model number, if it is that, is M-4. They are plastic backed and they fit me very well. I think the full description of the diaper is Abri-form original X-plus. I usually get mine from XP Medical and their chart shows that the X-plus are the most absorbant. Of course they are the most expensive too but I've found them to be one of the best diapers I've ever had. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks for the info.

I believe the M-4 is the X-Plus - from what I've seen the 1-4 is Plus, Super, Extra, X-Plus in order.

OK, now I'm tempted to grab one Extra and one X-Plus.

How big is the package approximately, and will it allow for "discreet transport" in a backpack if I purchase two?

I have a 32/33" waist and the Medium Abenas fit very well.

for you waist size, it's a medium.

as for discreet.. good luck. even one pack will be somewhat of a stretch for a standard size backpack.
    both packs are about the same size.. going from memory, about 12" tall, 6" wide, and 20" long...

I have a reasonably sized backpack, and a lot of random stuff in it that I can take out of it. I think I'll definitely with just the one in that case. The pack is promised to be shipped in an "unmarked grey satchel" with no reference to what it is, so I think I can get away with it.

Still need to order the thing I am hiding them in though.

Dolphins2011

Go with M3's.

At 28 bucks a pack I'd get the supers (that's cheap for typical aussie prices). By the way where are you ordering them from?? As they are your first diapers, you'll probably need a few to get the fit right, so It's probably better to get twice the diapers for your $$. At least to begin with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    By the way where are you ordering them from??
    physiosupplies.com.au (who incidentally refer to them as "adult baby nappies" - am I right in thinking actual IC people might not like that?)

Thanks for the advice though. Should be doing the order in a couple of days...
    Last edited by TheGuyYouDontKnow; 10-Oct-2011 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyYouDontKnow View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I believe the M-4 is the X-Plus - from what I've seen the 1-4 is Plus, Super, Extra, X-Plus in order.

OK, now I'm tempted to grab one Extra and one X-Plus.

How big is the package approximately, and will it allow for "discreet transport" in a backpack if I purchase two?
    It is. When buying some on ebay i searched for both m4 and x-plus and both packages were exactly the same, x-plus is the more widely known name though.

As for size, buy samples. As expensive as they are (hdis sample is the best) that's the only real way to know. I "thought" i was a small based on measurments but i am a medium. For $11.95 at hdis.com you can get 26 diapers in a size shipped to your door, even some molicare. Not only can you try out various quality diapers but you can choose your sizes for about the same price as 2 samples in another diaper. I highly recommend this sample pack if you're new to diapers or need to know how the other brands are.

And @ the package: It's pretty quiet, won't be audible inside a bookbag, though might not fit unless you take a few out. The packages i get are very bulky rather than large, they don't bend easily, very stiff.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyYouDontKnow View Post
    physiosupplies.com.au (who incidentally refer to them as "adult baby nappies" - am I right in thinking actual IC people might not like that?)

Thanks for the advice though. Should be doing the order in a couple of days...
    Probably. There's many incon people that enjoy abdl the same as con people... Depends on the person.