Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how many of us,

Default So how many of us,

How many of us abdl's would you say there are in the world? Or to break it down. How many in 100/1000 and so on. Sorry if this is the wrong place to start this thread.

This has been speculated many times on the forums and a quick search can find you many different answers.

I would say that the answer lies somewhere between .1 and 1% of the world's population.

So that would mean 1 / 1000 ~ 1 / 100

I have yet to see a coherent methodology for determining this. I'm not sure a coherent methodology could be found without access to the significant research funds needed to run an academic study which might find an answer.

The various estimates I've seen suggest that 1/1000 to 1/10000 is probably the right order of magnitude, possibly to the lower end of that range, but those numbers are coming from someone who's read a lot of meaningless speculation on the topic, so they aren't reliable.

Back when I first became a DL I read a site that said the odds of someone being an AB/TBDL is about 1 in 10000. I think that's close to the actual amount but I really have no clue. It's probably between 1/1000 to 1/10000.

But then I'm pretty sure people said gays were an extreme minority of perverts hundreds of years ago but now that gays are accepted in society for the most part they're considered to make up 10-20% of the population... I actually would be willing to bet that the amount of people who have a potential interest in diapers and may one day become AB/TBDLs could be as high as 1%, but only 1/5000 or so people right now are open *BDLs (in the sense that they have accepted their love of diapers/acting like babies) but that number could rapidly increase as the *BDL community increases in size and becomes more well-known and more kids start to think wearing diapers is cool and experiment...

Out of my junior high of 600 students, I would be willing to bet that at least one was a tb.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    I have yet to see a coherent methodology for determining this. I'm not sure a coherent methodology could be found without access to the significant research funds needed to run an academic study which might find an answer.

The various estimates I've seen suggest that 1/1000 to 1/10000 is probably the right order of magnitude, possibly to the lower end of that range, but those numbers are coming from someone who's read a lot of meaningless speculation on the topic, so they aren't reliable.
    I did some napkin math a while ago... tied together Kinsey's estimations of homosexuality and bestiality rates with Google hits for various search terms, and used that to interpolate our numbers from *BDL search terms. I came up with, I believe, from 1 in 50 to 1 in 5,000.

It determines what your measuring. How active do you have to be to qualify? Does it count if you only have thoughts, or do you have to act on them?

If we count everyone who has thoughts (and serious ones, not subtle ones), I'd say you have about 5%. That seems like a lot, but it oribably seems like less because people are afraid to act on urges like this. Sort of like transgenders who remain their sex, or gays who marry the opposite sex, becaus they don't want to be percieved as strange.

I believe that 25% of the population is an AB/DL at least secretly. Maybe about 10% are practicing AB/DL's though.

And I guess it's also a case of how many actually go on the net about it too. It's well known and rather sad that a lot of female ABDLs get the wrong sort of attention from some of the creepy male ones and so stay hidden as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyFox View Post
    I believe that 25% of the population is an AB/DL at least secretly. Maybe about 10% are practicing AB/DL's though.
    You honestly think 1in every 4 people are an ABDL? That number is rather outrageous don't you think?