Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Comp restarts randomly

  1. #1

    Default Comp restarts randomly

    My computer randomly restarts while I am streaming videos. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Upon restart, I get no error message of any kind, so there is no way for me to track down the issue.

    I have run several tests, and can find nothing wrong with hardware or software.. so I'm stumped. Anybody have an idea what may be causing this? Anything I can try? This shouldn't be happening at all, given that this comp is only a few weeks old and barely has anything on it.

  2. #2
    Error404

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    My computer randomly restarts while I am streaming videos. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Upon restart, I get no error message of any kind, so there is no way for me to track down the issue.

    I have run several tests, and can find nothing wrong with hardware or software.. so I'm stumped. Anybody have an idea what may be causing this? Anything I can try? This shouldn't be happening at all, given that this comp is only a few weeks old and barely has anything on it.
    Random restarts are USUALLY down to one of 6 things.

    Over driven/broken graphics card
    Over driven/broken ram
    Over driven/broken power supply (PSU)
    broken mother board
    Unhandled memory dumps due to faulty software
    Virii/spyware.


    Have you checked your actual Error Log?

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    Random restarts are USUALLY down to one of 6 things.


    Over driven/broken graphics card
    I'm pretty sure that's not it- this card is better than the one that was in my last computer, and that comp handled the same vids just fine. Plus, I ran a test with a utility program, and everything looks fine.



    Over driven/broken ram
    Definitely not it: Plenty of good RAM left.



    Over driven/broken power supply (PSU)
    Again, positive that isn't it.. brand new PSU with plenty of power.



    broken mother board
    Since its new, I'll have to say that's not it..



    Unhandled memory dumps due to faulty software
    Could be it.. how do I check that?



    Virii/spyware.
    I can certainly rule that out.




    Have you checked your actual Error Log?
    Yes, and there's nothing there...

  4. #4

    Default

    Well, at first I thought Might be overheating, Given that its new. This really shouldn't be an issue. But what videos are you streaming, If off sites like Youtube, FLV vidoes tend to use a fair amoun of CPU usage/load. Which could bring on the heat. You can download various free tools to monitor your CPU core easily.

    If its solely caused by the videos itself. IT might be a hardware/driver issue. Either graphics or harddrive. they usually Give blue screens. But Make sure you update to the latest flash version and update your drivers.

    Also, Can you give more details on the tests you done, and how it restarts. Does it go straight to the bios screen, does it pause? Just little quibbles like that could give a few clues or leeds onto what is the cause.

    I would leave it on for awhile with, lets say you are running a program to accurately work out pi. To use up your cpu resources or any CPU intensive task over a long period. And see if it shuts itself off and if it does. Leave it ideling and see if it restarts on its own after while.

    I find it being caused by youtube videos a little funny :S.

    Edit:
    seems you posted while I was composing mine,
    Anyway, All because its new won't guarantee its fault free. If all else fails. I would see if you can send it back to be checked up on under the warranty.

  5. #5

    Default

    watch for heat issues. that's what happened to my pc before it completely died.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by UnMarth View Post
    Well, at first I thought Might be overheating, Given that its new. This really shouldn't be an issue. But what videos are you streaming, If off sites like Youtube, FLV vidoes tend to use a fair amoun of CPU usage/load. Which could bring on the heat. You can download various free tools to monitor your CPU core easily.
    It only seems to happen at: Narutoget.com or Bleachget.com... as those are the ones I go to most often. But those sites worked fine before..



    If its solely caused by the videos itself. IT might be a hardware/driver issue. Either graphics or harddrive. they usually Give blue screens. But Make sure you update to the latest flash version and update your drivers.
    I am fully updated, and like I said, everything is brand new.. so unless the HDD was bad out of the box, I don't think that's it.



    Also, Can you give more details on the tests you done, and how it restarts. Does it go straight to the bios screen, does it pause? Just little quibbles like that could give a few clues or leeds onto what is the cause.
    I ran a utility program, and it said that all my hardware was fine, cause it ran various tests. Now, it is a bit old, so that may not be completely reliable, but it seems to be. It goes to BSOD, because I disabled automatic restart to see what would happen. When that was enabled, it just restarted, no warning, and went straight to BIOS.



    I would leave it on for awhile with, lets say you are running a program to accurately work out pi. To use up your cpu resources or any CPU intensive task over a long period. And see if it shuts itself off and if it does. Leave it ideling and see if it restarts on its own after while.
    Nope, only video streaming does this. I can leave it on all day, and nothing will happen.



    I find it being caused by youtube videos a little funny :S.
    Surpriseingly, Youtube works just fine.. go figure..



    seems you posted while I was composing mine,
    That's okay, your questions were relevant, so I answered them.



    Anyway, All because its new won't guarantee its fault free. If all else fails. I would see if you can send it back to be checked up on under the warranty.
    I know its no guarantee.. but I built the thing myself, so I can't really just send it in, ya know?

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    It only seems to happen at: Narutoget.com or Bleachget.com... as those are the ones I go to most often. But those sites worked fine before..
    For me, the "watch HD" links lead to an online player, I assume that's what you are using. This is not a flash player. I got a divx player, But it plays witha green video and I can hear the sounds, Strange considering, it came driectly from divX, it should work!, maybe I got funny or missing codecs. :P

    Try and use Firefox and IE. I am guessing you got the latest players installed. But give it a go. High-quality DivX video in your browser and get it. If that fails, maybe try downloading a codec pack? I found http://www.cccp-project.net/ to be pretty good.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by UnMarth View Post
    For me, the "watch HD" links lead to an online player, I assume that's what you are using. This is not a flash player. I got a divx player, But it plays witha green video and I can hear the sounds, Strange considering, it came driectly from divX, it should work!, maybe I got funny or missing codecs. :P
    I don't do the HD vids.. I just click the arrow. I could try DIVX, I did have that before, and didn't have any errors with it installed, so I'll try and find that again if its compatable with FF 3.0; many things aren't.



    Try and use Firefox and IE. I am guessing you got the latest players installed. But give it a go. High-quality DivX video in your browser and get it. If that fails, maybe try downloading a codec pack? I found Combined Community Codec Pack to be pretty good.
    I have codecs already... and I don't really need the HD, my internet isn't quite fast enough for that.

    Oh yeah, I found the error: Error code 100000d1, parameter1 0e921564, parameter2 00000002, parameter 3, 00000000, parameter4, f7625672

    No clue what that means... but there ya go.

  9. #9
    Error404


  10. #10

    Default

    It looks like its either a bad driver, or the RAM.. but I don't know how to check if the drivers are bad or not(they re all pretty new), and that memtest program won't even work, so I can't check that... I guess I could try switching out RAM sticks, but I don't think that's a good idea...

    I guess I'll try running chkdsk. I don't want to try to use that verifier thing that guy said, as I'm sure that will mess something up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.