Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dells are Disappointing

Angry Dells are Disappointing

This is the FOURTH fucking time that I have had my laptop's screen break. It happens WAY too fucking often for it to be a coincidence or manufacturing defect.

This is the fourth time in about a year and a half that this thing has happened, and I am absolutely THROUGH with dell. Never going to buy one of their shitty laptops ever again.

If anyone else has had this problem, particularly with the Inspiron 15XX series, PLEASE let me know, so we can start fucking complaining in numbers to dell!

I am about to fucking kill someone over this shitty laptop.

i've always preferred dell to any other kind of computer.
    always been good to me

maybe just the inspiron series?
    sometimes companies just mess up on something, but it doesn't mean the whole organization is bad at what they do...

I have an old dell laptop and i just dose not die and it looks live its been through hell (it has ) but, i do feel the new computers are crap .

Supersam1223

Never had a Dell, Vaio FTW!

I've had a lot of luck with thinkpad. We use them at work.. pricy, but they can handle quite a beating. Dell's are definitely fragile, though best bang for the buck performance wise. Sony is good too, but I avoid doing business with them for various reasons. No experience with HP, but I would assume as all their other products have gone to shit, the laptops are probably not a great bet ;p

What exactly do you mean by "break"?
    Is it cracked? Backlight not working? blank screen?

You're right. It's probably not a coincidence or manufacture defect. If the same thing broke and was repaired on 3-4 separate occasions, it's not the manufacture's fault. But rather something you're doing to it yourself without realizing it. Things like driver or software incompatibility can really screw a system up for what seems like no reason at all.

Never had a problem with screens but...in the past year our Dell laptop has gone through 8 different batteries and every time you pull the charger out of the wall, it dies, its running slower every day and it overheats really really bad. I agree, Dell sucks.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    I've had a lot of luck with thinkpad. We use them at work.. pricy, but they can handle quite a beating. Dell's are definitely fragile, though best bang for the buck performance wise. Sony is good too, but I avoid doing business with them for various reasons. No experience with HP, but I would assume as all their other products have gone to shit, the laptops are probably not a great bet ;p
    My mom has an HP laptop, and it developed a charging issue within about four days. Their customer service is absolutely horrible.

That said, I'm presently typing this on a five-year-old HP Compaq nc6320 laptop. It's one of their old "business class" laptops that, in its day, competed against the ThinkPad. This thing is built like a tank, and it's survived being dropped, Mr. X accidentally standing on it, and being lugged around all over the place. It's a great machine, although I finally bought an Acer netbook for use in class because I was sick of carrying around a laptop that weighs over six pounds.

As for Dell, I dunno, I've never heard anyone else bitching about their monitors on any laptop. What did you do to it that you've broken it four times?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "break"?
    Is it cracked? Backlight not working? blank screen?

You're right. It's probably not a coincidence or manufacture defect. If the same thing broke and was repaired on 3-4 separate occasions, it's not the manufacture's fault. But rather something you're doing to it yourself without realizing it. Things like driver or software incompatibility can really screw a system up for what seems like no reason at all.
    its a problem as if the laptop was dropped, when i just left it on my desk for 8-9 hours while it was off, and i dont have any driver incompatibilities, it still runs the OEM OS, just re-installed for performance enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by JATO457 View Post
    its a problem as if the laptop was dropped, when i just left it on my desk for 8-9 hours while it was off, and i dont have any driver incompatibilities, it still runs the OEM OS, just re-installed for performance enhancement.
    Did this start shortly after the re-install? How did you reinstall (with an actual Windows OS disc or a with a recovery disc/partition supplied with the system)?

What exactly is the screen doing? Does the problem occur before Windows even boots or only while in Windows?