Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Teachers!!!

Angry College Teachers!!!

They piss me off like no other!

The site to submit homework has been down, and yesterday was the first time it opened up since then, so I posted my assignment (and it also happened to be the last day to submit it). Thing is, he takes 25% off the final grade if you post late.

I figured he would be lenient and understand that the site was down, but NO. He still takes the 25% off!!

Fuck him! He doesn't like me for some reason, and it's a freakin online class for crying out loud! This is the second time it happened, first time I posted the assignment TWENTY FIVE MINUTES into the last day, and he still counted off!

Should I email him and tell him that it isn't fair to take off so many points for something beyond my control? That's honestly how I feel about it.

Stay calm and calmly explain to your prof why you think it's unfair. If that does nothing, calmly complain to the administration. And if worse come to worse at least you did what you could.

Sent from my iPhone

Take a deep breath, now exhale. If you calmly explain the situation to him I'm sure he'll understand. If the site was down though, maybe you should have contacted him earlier? For all he knows, you're just making up an excuse.

My friend's site was down too for a while, and HIS friend's site was down at some point.

I've calmed down some, but I still don't know why he thinks it's fair to abuse his authority, because that's pretty much what he's doing.

He's probably just sitting at his chair waiting for kids to slip up and be like "HAHA, now I get to aide in your ultimate quest of FAILURE"

I hate to play the devils advocate here but unfortunately, he does have the right to do this still. It isn't really an abuse of his power even though i know it seems unfair. With university, it is your responsibility to get it in on time, and whilst i know that things happen that are out of your control, you do need to find alternatives to the situation you are in (like others have said, email him about the problem so that he is aware of it or email the assignment to him and saying that you are unable to submit it through the site and this is it so he knows it will finish but you will submit it through the site when it come back up). Its not fun to be in this situation, but that is the way things are.

That being said, if a lot of people got caught with the same problem, then you do have a bit more that you can use to try and get him to change his mind.

Just as a side note, if lecturers say that it is due on this day at x time, then it is always best to submit it 2 days before (or the day before at the latest). But like i said, if there are things the prevent you from submitting it, then you need to find alternatives to it at that time so that the person knows you are actively trying to get your assignment in,

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek61 View Post
    I hate to play the devils advocate here but unfortunately, he does have the right to do this still. It isn't really an abuse of his power even though i know it seems unfair. With university, it is your responsibility to get it in on time, and whilst i know that things happen that are out of your control, you do need to find alternatives to the situation you are in (like others have said, email him about the problem so that he is aware of it or email the assignment to him and saying that you are unable to submit it through the site and this is it so he knows it will finish but you will submit it through the site when it come back up). Its not fun to be in this situation, but that is the way things are.

That being said, if a lot of people got caught with the same problem, then you do have a bit more that you can use to try and get him to change his mind.

Just as a side note, if lecturers say that it is due on this day at x time, then it is always best to submit it 2 days before (or the day before at the latest). But like i said, if there are things the prevent you from submitting it, then you need to find alternatives to it at that time so that the person knows you are actively trying to get your assignment in,
    I usually complete the assignments the day before the last to submit, but when I checked it then it was down. My friend had the same problem, and his opened up the same day mine did. And his was down from I think Thursday or Friday to Sunday, so I can only assume mine would have had the same times.

I didn't get any prior warning before it happened, and I can't email my instructor without that same site that was down.

I emailed him...I hope he lightens up. Seriously.

Having all your means of contact tied up in one place is a bad idea, if you had a method of emailing your professor this would not have happened.

What stopped you from emailing him from your personal account? The address it goes to within the submission program can receive emails from a normal account.

This is the second time it happened, first time I posted the assignment TWENTY FIVE MINUTES into the last day, and he still counted off!
    Was it late? One minute or one day is still late.

If all else fails, contact the Dean. I've complained about professors in the past, and things do get looked at. It's a lot more interesting to go back to college when you're middle aged, and successful. They don't mess with you then, because you now have a lawyer that does your legal work.

My English professor came to class obviously high last Tuesday. That was the last time I had his class. He kept us for 10 minutes out of a 80 minute class. We've never stayed more than 45 though... Favorite class.

Professors are a pain in the ass to deal with. If you want to get on his good side, go to his office hours and ask lots of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RetrieverPup View Post
    Having all your means of contact tied up in one place is a bad idea, if you had a method of emailing your professor this would not have happened.

What stopped you from emailing him from your personal account? The address it goes to within the submission program can receive emails from a normal account.

Was it late? One minute or one day is still late.
    Well we have separate gmail accounts but I don't know if I have his email on there...knowing my luck I probably do somewhere.

Yes, it was the last day, 25 minutes into it. I don't know...I guess I'm still used to the easy road high school always provided.

---------- Post added at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gingy View Post
    My English professor came to class obviously high last Tuesday. That was the last time I had his class. He kept us for 10 minutes out of a 80 minute class. We've never stayed more than 45 though... Favorite class.

Professors are a pain in the ass to deal with. If you want to get on his good side, go to his office hours and ask lots of questions.
    Haha, wow that sucks...he'd be my favorite teacher if he actually taught. Sounds like a fun guy!

My psych professor looks like the Monopoly man, and he rides a motorcycle. He's very funny too. That's the closest I've ever gotten to having a favorite teacher though...sad.

Well the thing is that it's an online class...he's somewhere in Colorado making the most of his life (seriously, he posted his expected weekly activities and they all sounded pretty dang fun!).

I should just drop the subject if he refuses to compensate somehow...I won't fight for it. I'm not doing too well though...I have a 76% so far.
    Last edited by TenSwords; 04-Oct-2011 at 06:13.