Thread: So I'm wondering...

Default So I'm wondering...

The size 7 pampers what do they equate to in say pull ups or goodnites? In other words what would be the matchig size lol.

Pull ups? the biggest ones im assuming, and I think Goodnites L-XL is bigger then Size 7

The largest size of Pull-Ups (4T-5T) is slightly smaller (shorter) than Pampers Cruisers 7, but the big difference is in the sides: The sides of Pull-Ups are simply nowhere near as stretchy as the tapes on Pampers diapers. Except for the youngest/smallest teens, Pull-Ups are a non-starter; the sides will simply pop. As far as absorbency goes, neither Pull-Ups nor Cruisers are particularly absorbent. Certainly a full adult-sized wetting is more than a Cruisers diaper can take. There are overnight Pull-Ups, but for some reason I think they only go up to 3T-4T, so they're out.

Goodnites L/XL are about 3" longer than Pampers Cruisers 7. In other words: They're bigger than a baby diaper, but not by much! The absorbency is similar to an overnight baby diaper like Huggies Overnites or Pampers Extra Protection.

Perhaps amusingly, however, I can tape on a Pampers Cruisers 7 diaper, but I can't pull on Goodnites L/XL. Huggies elastic is just all-around disappointing.

LL

Lil Leaker
    You said you can fit into a size 7 pampers what's your waist size? Oh and to both of you thanks for your replies and help! I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdlforever View Post
    Lil Leaker
    You said you can fit into a size 7 pampers what's your waist size? Oh and to both of you thanks for your replies and help! I really appreciate it!
    My waist is 38", however the diaper doesn't make it up all the way to my waistline (my crotch measurement is 31", but Pampers are only 22" long). As a result, the diaper is mostly around my hips and the top of my butt, at which point it has to make it around 44". No joke. It looks like a skimpy bikini-bottom.

Instructions: To put the diaper on, I first stretch the tapes on the diaper slowly and steadily until the velcro portions of the tapes are about 38"-39" (1m) apart. This only works with the "3-Way Fit" Cruisers, although if you're smaller than me, you obviously don't have to go quite that far, and could probably get away with using Baby Dry or the old Cruisers. The fabric layers on the outside of the elastic will loosen and separate from the latex (Pampers elastic is just a strip of latex rubber, hence the stretchiness) as you pull on the tapes, making the elastic appear very fuzzy. Having pre-stretched the elastic, I then place the diaper on the floor, sit on it, and fasten one tape at a time. Particularly if the diaper is going to be pretty tight, as it is on a big guy like me, sitting on the diaper will do a better job of keeping it from moving than lying on it would, since you may really be tugging on the tapes. And, believe it or not, the velcro on Pampers tapes is scarcely less amazing than the elastic. If the tapes make it to the landing zone on the front of the diaper, they're staying put!

Though I've worn a diaper like this for about an hour with it popping off, I usually prefer to wear baby diapers in boxers (link in my signature). They're absolutely comfortable that way, and then I'm not restricted to Pampers Cruisers. Variety!!!

LL

I believe i'm the same size as you. 38" waist. Thanks for the instructions although unless my parents give me the ok i doubt i will be putting on a diaper anytime soon :P

LilLeaker: Well, since the previous thread I have been searching around for the Pampers 3way but so far no luck I just left WallyWorld about an hour ago but as usual they only have up to 4's. *Plays Indiana Jones theme* The search continues!

Quote Originally Posted by kitsiulla View Post
    LilLeaker: Well, since the previous thread I have been searching around for the Pampers 3way but so far no luck I just left WallyWorld about an hour ago but as usual they only have up to 4's. *Plays Indiana Jones theme* The search continues!
    Babies 'R' Us was the first place near me to get them. They're only just starting to appear in supermarkets. However, if you're smaller than I am, you might be ok with the old Cruisers. Going nice and slowly, I've stretched the backs of the old kind easily to 80cm (31") and further before the tapes popped, and then you've got a 18cm (7") landing strip in front, so that's still pretty good!

If you're *not* smaller than me, then whatever you do, be ready for a very tight (and somewhat humorous) fit!

LL
    Last edited by Cottontail; 05-Oct-2011 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    Babies 'R' Us was the first place near me to get them. // If you're *not* smaller than me, then whatever you do, be ready for a very tight (and somewhat humorous) fit!
    Sweet! There's one about 20 mins away
    I will be going more for the 'humorous fit' then lol. I am around 38/40 so I'm sure some good 'third party tape' will be needed but it should be close enough to still play with