Thread: Dogs?

Default Dogs?

i was wondering if there is a vet here in adisc? or anyone who knows about dogs ?
    because i have a few questions
    my dog is really sick and i didnt like the explanation my usual vet gave me

Quote Originally Posted by cvalle View Post
    What didn't you like about it? Because I'm sorry to say that they will give you the best opinion, far better than anyone hear can.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    What didn't you like about it? Because I'm sorry to say that they will give you the best opinion, far better than anyone hear can.
    He's right, we can't really do anything for you other than make suggestions, maybe take your dog to a different vet, you might like what they say better. Hope your dog gets better.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cvalle View Post
    i was wondering if there is a vet here in adisc? or anyone who knows about dogs ?
    because i have a few questions
    Need more specifics. And any suggestions you get here should be verified by a second opinion from a licensed veterinarian if you don't like what your first has told you.

ok the thing is..
    my dog is 13 years old, he is a golden retriever and he is having a hard time moving , he started having problems like 6 months ago but he could move and use the stairs and all that kind of things but thursday morning when we woke up he couldnt even stand up
    so we took him to the vet where they made some x-ray exams and things like that.
    They found nothing , they sad that his bones were ok and that it would appear that his muscles are also in good condition .
    they said that probably it was something neurological but they didnt give further explanation (and this is the part that i didnt like)

I'm not sure what you expect us to tell you, then.

He didn't explain any further because there is nothing TO explain. They have discovered all they can without further testing.

honestly, 13 is old for a Golden, hes just getting old. Big Dogs age faster and Goldens are big, it stresses their joints more.

He could have had trouble for a while.

On a side note, I have noticed that alot of Goldens have more problems, with weaker Genetics. I think this comes from Breeding only Golden to Golden, and the lack of Hybrid Vigour.