Thread: Uploading Youtube videos

Default Uploading Youtube videos

They take AGES to upload. I am only up to 38% and I started quite a while ago. I still have roughly 249 minutes, which is a larger number than what it just was a few minutes ago.

I want to get my drum covers up as much as I can, but if it takes this long then there's really no point in using up so much internet.

I'm kind of frustrated that it's taking so damn long...

Supersam1223

What's your internet speed?

The last video I remember uploading was about 5 mins long and it took about 7 to upload.

Youtube is getting worse every day, and the copyright is the most anoying thing there, people should move to vimeo, at least while is still good.

Quote Originally Posted by supersam1223 View Post
    What's your internet speed?

The last video I remember uploading was about 5 mins long and it took about 7 to upload.
    I have the fastest satellite internet around...and it's so much slower than broadband still! I'm trying to upload a 256MB video and it's been several hours since I started. It's almost there though.

I think the reason for the time is the video size...I have an overlapped audio track that's in .wav format, and those are usually pretty big in general.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboroz View Post
    Youtube is getting worse every day, and the copyright is the most anoying thing there, people should move to vimeo, at least while is still good.
    Yeah, I'm praying that it doesn't get removed...it has a song by Paramore in the background, but it's really quiet, so hopefully it'll be okay. I also put a HUGE disclaimer in the description haha.

That's a huge video to be uploading over a slower connection.

Only advice I can offer is encode the video to something smaller before uploading. You can probably encode high quality audio stream with lower quality video and knock the file size way down.