Thread: Crotch width? How do you measure it?

Default Crotch width? How do you measure it?

I want to buy some plastic pants by I want to do out right. I dont understand how to measure crotch width as well as other measurements on http://www.fetware.com/cloud-snap-plastic-pants-p-12.html
    Please help if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerboy2 View Post
    I want to buy some plastic pants by I want to do out right. I dont understand how to measure crotch width as well as other measurements on Cloud Snap-on Plastic Pants Sofcc Snap-on Pants Plastic Pants Cloud Plastic Pants Shown over Pull-on Day Diaper * Illustrative Pur Poses Only - Diaper Sold Separately Cloud
    Please help if you can.
    The best way that i found that works for me is. measure your thigh at the groin,. devide this number by 4 and add 1 in. [ example 18 devided by4 equals 4 & 1/2 in +1in =5& 1/2 in. ] then round up to the next whole number.which would be 6 in. Also try ask.com clothing measurements.

Thanks Thumper!!!

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 ----------

I assume thatwhen you say measure your thigh at the groin, you mean the circumference of the thigh from the groin.

When it comes to crotch width, just remember wider is better, as that will allow you to wear thicker diapers under the plastic pants.

As for other measurements, find yourself a fabric tape measure, available in the craft section of your favorite big box store for about $4, and have at it. Remember to make any measurements while wearing the diapers you'll be wearing with the garment. And yes, measure your waist, as well, as it will be thicker with a diaper. If you do feel compelled to make a crotch measurement, wear your thick diapers, then measure starting at where the diaper touches your skin around the outside and back, between your legs.

wider is only better to an extent

If your wearing them for their intended use (over a cloth diaper), you want to obviously have enough room in there for the cloth diaper, but you dont want to have the plastic pants fit too loosely where they sag below the cloth. this will allow urine to pool in the pants and cause alot of unnecessary leaks, all because the urine was allowed to pool up rather than kept in contact with the cloth where it can be absorbed/wicked away

Quote Originally Posted by ykdprdave View Post
    wider is only better to an extent

If your wearing them for their intended use (over a cloth diaper), you want to obviously have enough room in there for the cloth diaper, but you dont want to have the plastic pants fit too loosely where they sag below the cloth. this will allow urine to pool in the pants and cause alot of unnecessary leaks, all because the urine was allowed to pool up rather than kept in contact with the cloth where it can be absorbed/wicked away
    But, if you're wearing a onesie with your diapers, or alternatively the next time you sit down, you'll likely solve any problems with pooling. But really, I consider onesies to be a nearly essential part of cloth diaper wearing