Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just for laughs

Default Just for laughs

After reading other peoples stories on here about the nerve wracking trips to the store to get diapers I had to kind of laugh because many of them said the exact same feelings I had. You go into the store and do loops around to get the courage up and make sure no one is in the store that you know, and then there is the timetable of planning to get to the register when no one is in line. Your heart is pounding your having anxiety and are all paranoid. You do the laps and I used to always get a few other things to try to take all the attention of the diapers [always got the other things first then grabbed the diapers and headed for the check out line like a football player heading for the endzone.] I wonder if when we do these diaper trips if the employees are worried we are in there to rob the place, because if I was in their shoes and saw someone coming in acting like that, that is what I would think. Last time I bought diapers was a little humorous [looking back] I get up to the register, set my stuff on the counter and the girl was trying to scan the large pack of diapers and couldnt find the scan code, so she was holding them up in the air and spinning them around trying to find the code. I thought to myself "only me" It was ok though because she was very cute.

AmbezeSubHealth

They might be thinking.

This guy is in here to buy diapers because they've seen plenty of other diaper shoppers act the same way.

I think it's always been pretty obvious on my face who the diapers are for, so I usually end up getting a funny look from the cashier. The first few times I went to buy diapers I would do a few nervous laps but I never actually bought extra things with the diapers, that always seemed more suspicious to me.

Lately I've just been dashing in and dashing out, letting the adrenaline carry me through the event. I have had a cashier (also a cute girl) do what yours did, lifting up the diapers over her head squinting at the pack, I was just very happy nobody else was behind me in line!

I'm sure more than a few young *B/DLs have been regarded as potential shoplifters because of their curious antics around the diaper isle. I was certainly petrified the first time I went to buy Pampers for myself, but I shed my fear pretty quickly after that. And now, having put two of my own children through diapers, I don't even think twice about buying them. I'll drop a bag of Pampers or Huggies into the cart just as casually as if I was buying a loaf of bread.

LL

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by bender2738 View Post
    I have had a cashier (also a cute girl) do what yours did, lifting up the diapers over her head squinting at the pack, I was just very happy nobody else was behind me in line!
    Could've been worse, she could've not seen any bar code, and announced for a price check on your package over the store P.A. system.

I can see someone REALLY getting red in the face over that one, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ambezesubhealth View Post
    they might be thinking.

This guy is in here to buy diapers because they've seen plenty of other diaper shoppers act the same way.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    Could've been worse, she could've not seen any bar code, and announced for a price check on your package over the store P.A. system.

I can see someone REALLY getting red in the face over that one, LOL
    My thoughts exactly!

alu

At first i was like that, now im better at it, now it normally goes like this. Walk in shop, get diapers, wait in line, have till worker scan and bag the diapers, walk out shop. Its easy if you put yourself in the right mindset before hand, also doing something like texting keeps your mind off the diapers.

yeah buying diapers can be very intense. I used to do all the things mentioned, the laps around the store, going to a store far from home etc. I think the best was when i went to a medical supply store. I dont know if the girl knew they were for me but the way the store was set up when u walk in the cash register and the two employees are right in the middle and there over anxious to help you lol. she asked what i was there to buy and then took me to the diapers and explained what each type of diaper was for and offered me a few samples to try out! however i had already tried all the diapers there and saw that the tena supers were the best they had lol.

I actually went back the second time n they remembered me n asked if i needed wipes or any thing else and some how i got the courage and i asked about plastic pants and she gave me the run down on i think those sanipants or whatever they are. .. unfortunately the third time i went to go back the store was out of buisines. soon after i decided to order online and never went back to buying in stores.